A little amazed with myself! (NSV)

Options
chocl8girl
chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
I live on the 12th floor of a 12-story building. Taking the stairs is not generally something I even consider lol, but in the past, the (very) few times I have tried, I have had to rest every 2-3 floors, with the rests getting progressively longer each time, and by the end I felt like I was going to keel over and die.

Well, last night, after a nice walk with my son, I decided what the heck, let me try these stairs. I made it 8 1/2 floors WITHOUT even needing a rest!!!! And I took a 20-second rest (I counted it out) and went up the entire rest of the way, and I felt like I could have done more!! OK, so I wasn't RUNNING up them (yet!), but I wasn't going slowly, either, just a normal walking pace.

I am literally amazed at my progress. I am not sure that anything else so far has shown me exactly how far I have come...

Replies

• WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Keep it up! It's the little things we take for granted that add up to long term health and happiness! Great work!!:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, good job :)
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    That is soooo inspiring!:flowerforyou: I thought I was doing good doing the 2 sets at work, but you are doing fantastic!! You should be so proud and shout it from the 12th floor :laugh:
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! pretty soon, you'll be running up those steps!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jknottage
    jknottage Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep up the good work!!
  • TLEIGH33777
    TLEIGH33777 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nice NSV congrats!!!:smile:
  • Nerdinista
    Nerdinista Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's so amazing to see the things your body is capable of!
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Stairs are hard work! I used to live in an apartment on the second floor and wanted to die every time I had to use the stairs...
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    VaVaVaVoom! That's a fabulous NSV!
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    A wonderful NSV to keep you moving! :D
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • jahilmer
    Options
    Step by step! You're going to the top! JH
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great NSV and the extra exercise is wonderful for your heart! Congrats to you, you deserve to scream and shout your success!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wonderful,don't you just love it? So inspiring.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    WIN!

:drinker:
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    104lbs lost! Holy ...

Great job! Keep going. :flowerforyou:
  • Kimihays
    Options
    Great job! Looking forward to the day that I can do that, too! You are an inspiration!
  • Moonladee
    Moonladee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Oh Sweety!! THis is awesome to see first thing in the morning! I am so completely proud of you!!! And blessed to be your friend!!
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, what a great feeling!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. You're going to kick *kitten* during a power outage.

I remember I was at a convention and the entire hotel got evacuated. Obviously the only way to get back to our rooms was by taking the stairs. I went up 12 flights with no problem because of all the cardio I do. Some people looked like they were going to pass out on the fifth floor.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!