50 + in years? Lets team up.

Options
Hi I would love to team up with anyone, but it would also be great to have some friends in my age range. Anyone out there struggling with this battle still?

Replies

• LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Hi TekWriter,

Good idea, we can encourage and motivate one another.
    I actually joined MFP before but through one excuse or another am now up 6 pounds (and in PANIC mode) from when I first joined
    so happy to meet you and hopefully we can begin to do the hard work to reach our goals.

Linia
  • CJ160
    CJ160 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi TekWriter,

I'm Carol and understand completely how it feels to still be trying to reach our weight goal after all this time, actually after all these years.... Today is a new day and we can make some progress. I'm In too.
  • jmilleratt
    Options
    Hello TekWriter,
    Im 52 and restarting MFP after 4 months - seeing if I can do better with friends.
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    Hi. I am " iamreallygood". I need encouragement. I just started this program about 2 wks ago.
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. I am 57.
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    I'm just learning how to post things on my android. Right now I'm on a friend"s computer. Uaually I'm on the android. any suggestions would be welcome, so I can communicate with you all. Thanks. I have a sugar addiction and am currently cn
    hecking into the possibly of gluten intolerance. I've lost about 40 lbs and need to lose about 80 more. this program is helping me watch my calories.
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    I'm 64. Anyone else my age? I know I can do this through Him who gives me strength.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I am newly 50 as of last week. Mentally not so much :smile: Please add me if you like.
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    Also, does anyone know how to remove the foods from the master list, the ones that I don't use? for every meal, I have to scroll down on my android to finc my own food choices. It is time consuming. All I want on my list of foods are my food choices, not a long list of many other types of similar items. Thanks is anyone can help me with this.
  • bclin
    bclin Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello! I'm 56 and would love having support while I'm changing to a healthier lifestyle!
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    How do I add individualls as friends on my android?Wow! i need a lot of help!! I'll get this, really I will...
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    Cute picture, bclin!
  • anntyson
    anntyson Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in....i'm 57 and I struggle every day...but i went down from 187 to 166 in about 4 months. But i'm stuck at 166 and haven't been able to lose anymore...that gets discouraging !!! But lets support one another and 2gether we can beat this....
  • iamreallygood
    Options
    Good anntyson! you'll get there. BTW, I forgot to mention that I am looking for womwn friends only. Thanks.:smile:
  • cocoadancer
    cocoadancer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 57 and have been with mfp since July and have lost 20lbs.I am a head chef in a kitchen so the temptation to cheat is huge.Count me in I need all the support I can get to loose the next 60 lbs:smile:
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome! I'll be 50 in February and would love some friends for motivation and to motivate.:smile:
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    51 here y'all feel free to add me I like to support and I like to get support :):):)
  • 1955Doris
    Options
    Hello, In my 50's (late) and still trying to battle the weight. I have lost 30lbs since Jan but am still working on more.
  • harvgrad2000
    harvgrad2000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I would love to team up with anyone, but it would also be great to have some friends in my age range. Anyone out there struggling with this battle still?

i was reading your profile and it said you have difficulty doing excercises that require standing / walking. Here is a link to chair excercises, to help with your journey of wt. loss. http://www.livewellagewell.info/study/2007/12-ChairExercisesUGA113006.pdf
  • FishingFan123
    FishingFan123 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I could also use some motivation & friends my age. I'm in my mid 50s. I sent out friend requests to you all.