Overweight Runner...shorts riding up?

Options
13»

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Don't wear shorts. Or wear compression shorts under the regular shorts.
  • Josette89
    Josette89 Posts: 244
    Options
    Spandex are your best friend!!! :) I used to be in Track and Crosscountry. I'm a big girl with thick thighs. I wore those all the time ;)
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I am so glad it's not just because I'm overweight! That makes me feel SO much better. I bought cheap ($3-$4) capri leggings from Kohl's to wear under my running shorts for when I wear tighter tanks. I also have compression shorts (Old Navy) that are 9 inches (I think) that I can wear with a longer shirt.

My problem is I like to workout/run in tanks or tight athletic shirts because when I start sweating anything rubbing against me (like a loose shirt) annoys me. Actually everything annoys me when I run. LOL! As odd as it is, my ponytail swinging back in forth REALLY annoys me too. But that's for a different post!
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Thank you for caring enough to resolve the problem! I cringe when I see women with shorts bunched up between their thighs, and I agree with the suggestions you've received. Keep running, and before you know it, you'll proably be able to wear little cotton running shorts again. I was thrilled when that day returned for me!