Weight/pounds = Inches ?

Options
I was wondering how many pounds it takes to lose an inch off my belly =P

1 inch is equivalent to ?

Replies

• Mommy08
    Mommy08 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Is that picture on your profile a current one of yourself????
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing.
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options

Nah, not a current picture. Using the picture as motivation =D
    I want to be like that again =]
  • ArionSpring
    Options
    Not sure if you have to loss any weight to lose inches because muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Kristen81
    Options
    Don't have an answer to your question, sorry! But, WHEW! So glad you're not trying to lose 20 pounds off of that frame.
  • Kristen81
    Options
    Not sure if you have to loss any weight to lose inches because muscle weighs more than fat.
    True...The scale isnt moving much for me at all, but I'm losing inches off my waist and bust.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Yep, in fact you could actually gain pounds and lose inches. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think part of it depends on how you're built and how evenly you distribute fat. For me, if I lose between 8 and 10 pounds I go down a pant size, but I'm also losing on my hips and thighs. My belly is one of the last things to shrink. I have a friend who can lose 5 pounds and go down a size, but she's built very differently than me. So that's something you could consider.
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    I've changed my picture to one that I took recently so no one gets confused =D
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't think there is a standard equivalence such as 10 lbs = losing 1 inch in your waist. Every BODY is different.

I could lose 20 lbs before I lose an inch (which is exactly what it took me) but for you - it might take 10 lbs to lose an inch. Other people maybe 10 lbs to lose 2 inches. I do not think there is a standard.

We could weigh the same but my belly fat may be more than yours etc. so...there is no real answer (I don't think)