Reached my goal today!

Options

Replies

• wendylou224
    wendylou224 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Many have asked bout my exercise. I started just walking around the block for 30 mins at a fairly fast pace. I did this every day and it got to if I didn't walk I felt like a lump on the couch in front of the TV. When it got too hot outside to walk I went to the gym and would either walk a 5k on the tred mill or spilt it 30 mins on the treadmill at 3.5 mph and stationary bike for 30 mins, for a total of 60 mins at the gym, probably at least 5 days a week. Once or twice a week, I think I started 2 months ago, I do the body flow class. It's called body balance outside the US. It's 60 mins of yoga, pilates, and tai chi. Really good for the core, which is the part I still want to work on, getting that tummy flat. Who knows, maybe one day I will have the perfect bikini body and something resembling a 6 pack :-)

As far as food changes. No fast food really. Gave up sodas and sweet tea and limited drinking alcohol. If I wanted to go out and drink beer or such I made sure I walked enough before hand to make up for the calories. You must log everything! I plan my meals. I bring my lunch to work. I bought a kitchen scale and measuring spoons to make sure I am getting exactly what a serving size of something is. I tried not to eat alot of carbs for dinner. Carbs for lunch and less for dinner. If I am going to a restaurant, I know what I am going to order before I even get there. Drink lots of water! Also I like to hike, kayak, and I go caving, which I figured out the calories/hour burned doing those activities (caving isn't in mfp, so I added it to my list of cardio).

Also if I was in a rut, I would mix it up, this summer I did some swimming. Treading water and holding on to the side of the pool and kicking to get a good workout since I am not much of a swimmer. I used a kitchen timer so I would know I was doing 15 mins of this 5 mins of that, etc. I also tried to only cheat eating once a month, but even my cheating wasn't that bad.

It's such a lifestyle change. I can't imagine eating the way I used to and just laying on the couch. I was always small in the past, size 9 all thru high school. but after college gained weight, 10 years ago I lost weight and was the size i was now, although only had to loose half the weight i did this time, but bad eating habits and having to work evenings half the year, plus dating a cook, caused me to gain. Not ever again!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    wow you look at least 10 years younger!!! brilliant and a great inspiration.
  • MurielHeslop
    Options
    WOW! You look amazing! How awesome it must feel to reach your goal and look so good! You are an inspiration!
  • Zakiya23
    Zakiya23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME! And you did it all within the same year!!!! Truly inspirational! I just want to fit into a size 10 comfortably which is 1-2 sizes smaller than what I presently wear! If you can loose 6 sizes SURELY I should be able to lose 2 by the end of the year! Keep up the good work!
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Your Before and After pics look like mother and daughter!!! You look so much younger!! You Rock!!

Congrats!
  • anaoliver63
    anaoliver63 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    WTG! Congratulations on your victory!!! :drinker:
  • amberakinspalmer
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! Your my inspiration right now! I love to hear stores of success!!!
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic - well done ;p)
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Wowwwwwwwwwww!!!
  • JG1088
    JG1088 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Holy cow, you look absolutely phenomenal. Way to go, such an inspiration!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Wow! you look fantastic! Way to go!!!
  • amy_36
    amy_36 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing. You look 10+ yrs younger just from weight loss!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so impressed. Not only do you look fabulous, you look about 10 years younger too!
  • Scottish_charlene_84
    Options
    Well done! U look so good! Wishing u well on ur maintenance journey. Enjoy ur 1800 cals a day :)
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    YAY!!
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    GO GURRRRRLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Davisc28
    Davisc28 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You look amazing Wendy! Way to go!
  • LeslieC1970
    Options
    Amazing. You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!