Lower Belly Fat

Options
I have lost a significant amount of weight. I hate the way my lower belly looks. I'm currently bouncing around 215 pounds and I'm 5'7. my body just hangs. I hate it. I have an apron belly. Anyone else have pics to share of success of improving your apron belly? Please I need some motivation that I can make my belly look better without surgery.

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You need to start doing weight training to tighten the loose skin, do some lower ab work etc
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile pics and my goodness woman have you done well!!!

I agree with ^^ on the abs work. Skin will shrink to a set degree
  • virtuousnfabulous
    Options
    You should integrate weight training with cardio exercises. I use a heart rate monitor to make sure I stay in the fat burning range. You will see results and your body will become more toned. Let me know if it helps.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    You can't spot train an area. For your height I think 150 would be an ideal weight and by the time you get there your belly will fall into place. Good luck!
  • hollywoodguy99
    hollywoodguy99 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Anna800 is correct that you can't spot lose FAT, but you can tighten up the underlying muscle, or spot train muscle (think bicep curls).

Start an ab routine that has lower abdominal exercises. If you have access to a gym, use the Captains Chair (google it), almost across the board (google it) recommended as one of the best abdominal exercises for lower abdominal muscles.

When I was a younger man (24) and I had gotten fit after college, the captains chair was something i avoided because i was weak at it. After making a concerted effort, it helped me drop from a 34 to 33 inch waist, no weight loss.

My 2 cents.
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's not mostly skin?

I'm about 5'7" and 135, my lower belly looks best when I'm lifting heavy weights. I'm out of that routine right now and looking kind of saggy/puffy. It couldn't hurt.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    agree with above posters..

im 5'4 and 140lbs, and i have a lot of lower belly fat. that will always be my problem area. lift heavy!!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great congrats! It will tighten up a bit. Struggling with belly looseness now too and reminding my self each day that I'd rather be here than where I came from.
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Body fat follows a first on last off approach. Simply continuing to lose weight will reduce your belly.
  • MrsNina1972
    MrsNina1972 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    OMG look at you now!!! My belly hangs since loosing weight, but I have started adding weight training in along with my cardio routine and I have noticed a change. My arms used to sag and now they are tighter along with my belly it's starting to tighten up the same with my legs. I went from 194 pounds to currently 148 pounds and had a lot hanging but weight training is helping me tone up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!