My Pity Party

Options
OK, here it goes. I started last Thursday, making a very very conscious effort to only eat well. Which I thought I did. Today I "officially" weigh and dang...only 1 lb down. I would be happy with 1 lb normally, but I've really kicked butt this week with exercise and eating. I should have lost the 4 lbs I was UP when I decided to do this. I know that's expecting a lot but come on. I changed drastically what I was doing. I even gave up all SUGAR. I have only had one spoonful of cake and that was last Sunday night. Should not have made a difference because I had the calories.

So there is my pity party. I'm upset about losing a pound because it should be more. I"m upset because it should have been a lot more. I'm upset because it makes me want to forget it. I'm upset because I know better and don't like having these thoughts.

So join my party or kick my butt. I'm open to both!

Lu

Replies

• verito
    verito Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lu, you should be happy with 1lb. I have a terrible slow metabolism and I do everything to lose 1 lb per week. I used to run 8 miles per day, eat extremely good…..and still I didn’t lose 1lb per week. So, 1 lb today, 1 lb next week…..in 2 months you will be almost 10 lbs less what you are today. So continuing being good. You are not alone. Don’t be upset, at least you can see 1 lb less in your body. Have a good day!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    What did your measurements show?? :flowerforyou: I bet there was a difference there! :bigsmile:
  • Ellie113
    Options
    OK, here it goes. I started last Thursday, making a very very conscious effort to only eat well. Which I thought I did. Today I "officially" weigh and dang...only 1 lb down. I would be happy with 1 lb normally, but I've really kicked butt this week with exercise and eating. I should have lost the 4 lbs I was UP when I decided to do this. I know that's expecting a lot but come on. I changed drastically what I was doing. I even gave up all SUGAR. I have only had one spoonful of cake and that was last Sunday night. Should not have made a difference because I had the calories.

So there is my pity party. I'm upset about losing a pound because it should be more. I"m upset because it should have been a lot more. I'm upset because it makes me want to forget it. I'm upset because I know better and don't like having these thoughts.

Lu
    That happend to me a few weeks ago, I really thought I had done well and had built it up in my head then bang I stepped on the scales and minus 1 lb! (which was made worse by the fact that my friend who never stuck to the plan went and lost 3lb!).
    Anyway the good part is that when I weighed in the nxt week I had lost 9lb, turns out my body just took more time to process the fact that I had been THAT good!! lol.............................Don't lose heart is all I'm saying as you may have a little suprise nxt time you weigh in!!
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I know I should be happy with 1 lb. But I'm not. I also have very slow metabolism, but with such a drastic change, I just expected more. I'm thinking it's just going to take more than a week to show the "drasticness" LOL

And my measurements were the same in my neck, the same in my hips and 1" larger in my waist...but I have no waist so I have trouble measuring my waist...if that makes sense...That is my worst area. My waist. I'm a big ole apple shape!

Thanks ya'll, I need this! :explode:
  • LuRox
    Options

Lu
    That happend to me a few weeks ago, I really thought I had done well and had built it up in my head then bang I stepped on the scales and minus 1 lb! (which was made worse by the fact that my friend who never stuck to the plan went and lost 3lb!).
    Anyway the good part is that when I weighed in the nxt week I had lost 9lb, turns out my body just took more time to process the fact that I had been THAT good!! lol.............................Don't lose heart is all I'm saying as you may have a little suprise nxt time you weigh in!!

Yes, this is what I'm hoping for....how do you do this quote thing anyway, I can never make it work for me....well look it did it this time!
  • jtapp9
    jtapp9 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lu, I know you worked hard, but think of it in these terms. IF it were as easy as doing everything almost perfect for a week and losing a drastic amount.....would any of us be overweight to begin with?? sometimes it just takes longer for it to all kick in with our systems.
  • katattack
    Options
    I'm going to take the 'kick your butt' option :wink: :tongue:

I can TOTALLY relate to that frustration. Sometimes, we fall off for a while and then we just HAVE to be patient while our body gets back into attack mode. The fact is, you're one step closer. Plus, think of it this way: You've FINALLY reversed the direction of the scale! All that hard work and now it's moving DOWN after a little bit of upward/weight gain momentum.

Those 4 lbs are going to give you the momentum you need to aim even lower; to focus on those good habits that turned that scale around, to commit to those good habits and adopt them as your norm, your lifestyle.

You are 100% back on track. No more pity party! This is GREAT success. Yay team!!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Lu scales do not always reflect a person's hard work. Don't sweat it (no pun intended). You know you did well this week and that is what matters. Instead of focusing so much on your weight each week focus on the fact that you are on a general trend of weightloss (that means some weeks will be better or worse than others but that you are losing weight) and focus on how great you feel!
  • LuRox
    Options
    Thanks to you all for talking me down! Sometimes I think we all just need a big ole pity party. I'm notorious for them. But I try not to wallow in it for a long time. I KNOW I've done great this past week, I KNOW I'm going to get rewarded for it. I KNOW my body needs time to adjust. So why do we let crap like this get us down. It's just frustrating. But I'm over it. I've got a great day planned out today, food wise, I've done my exercises, I"m ready. Bring it on. Next week, I'll not have this party at all, it will be a celebration! LOL

Party over, moving on! ♥:heart::drinker:
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thanks to you all for talking me down! Sometimes I think we all just need a big ole pity party. I'm notorious for them. But I try not to wallow in it for a long time. I KNOW I've done great this past week, I KNOW I'm going to get rewarded for it. I KNOW my body needs time to adjust. So why do we let crap like this get us down. It's just frustrating. But I'm over it. I've got a great day planned out today, food wise, I've done my exercises, I"m ready. Bring it on. Next week, I'll not have this party at all, it will be a celebration! LOL

Party over, moving on! ♥:heart::drinker:

Darn it...I missed the party! I guess I'll have to start my own....I'm pretty frustrated today, too...but I have no right to be.
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think one of the biggest challenges people face with weight loss is learning how to practice delayed gratification. We work so hard all week with eating right, tracking our calories, and working out, just to lose one pound?! Ugh! We want that quick result for our efforts. Unfortunately, for many of us, it's just not going to happen that way. "Slow and steady wins the race," or so they say, but I, for one, just don't want to hear it. But I'm telling you this: better a 1 pound loss than a 1pound gain. So, if it takes losing just one pound a week to get to your goals, so what? At least you'll get there. Just don't let yourself get too frustrated and give up.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    For me.... my good weeks efforts show up about 2 weeks later. Unfortunately, same goes for my bad weeks (even if there was a good one inbetween!)
    :angry: