Bad headaches after sports

Options
Hi out there,

I always get really bad headaches after my fitness exercises. It dosn't matter if I'm doing yoga, zumba, cardio or weight lifting, my neck and back muscles always clench and jam my nerves to the brain. I saw a lot of doctors because of this problems, but all they said, was just to continue my training and one day it will get better. If I exercise at the beginning of the week I need painkillers to go to work (or the gym again) in the next days. I just have the choice between taking pills or don't go to the gym for the rest of the week. Both options suck.

Does anyone of you has the same problem or has some tipps?

Thanks.

Replies

• Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Help?!
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My doctor advised me to check my blood pressure. Sometimes when I lower the intensity of the workout the headache dissipates. I don't know if that helps but it's what I'm trying.
  • Miiimii
    Options
    My doctor advised me to check my blood pressure. Sometimes when I lower the intensity of the workout the headache dissipates. I don't know if that helps but it's what I'm trying.

thanks - I'll keep an eye on my blood pressure.
  • sisterphonetica
    sisterphonetica Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I get migraines if I get very hot so most intensive cardio is out for me. Are they migraines?

I stick to swimming and outdoor walking.
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    are you drinking enough water? If I'm even slightly dehydrated before exercise I can guarantee I'll have a headache by the end of it....
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hydration would be my first guess but it could be many things.
  • Miiimii
    Options
    Thanks for all you answers. I drink absolutly enough, so it can't be dehydration. But probably it's something with my blood pressure in combination with my muscles in my back and neck.

But still doesn't help me to change it. As I told I have it after yoga also as after jogging or zumba.