My NSV after 29 days on MFP

Options
SweetMe1
SweetMe1 Posts: 73 Member
Last month I went to the doctor for my yearly diabetes wellness exam. Lipids were excellent. A1C was great (6.0). Blood work for liver and kidney function were perfect. Weight? Not so good. Blood pressure? Higher than it should be, running at around 160/95. My doctor encouraged me to work on losing weight and I joined MFP. He also told me to come back in a month to have my blood pressure re-checked.

I take a beta blocker for high blood pressure. I've had high blood pressure since my late teens and I was thin then and in my 20's. I didn't start gaining weight until my 30's when I started having babies. Both my parents and three out of four of my grandparents had high blood pressure. One grandmother and my mother died of strokes and my other grandmother of a heart attack. I take my blood pressure readings very seriously.

So in the 29 days I've been on MFP I've lost a little over 13 pounds. That's a bit more than 5% of my total weight. I've read that losing even 5%-10% of total weight can have health benefits. This was true in my case. I saw the doctor this morning and my blood pressure was 109/72. Yay! I am thrilled. In the past month my blood sugar numbers have also been lower.

I can't see the difference, but it's there! And that makes me happy!

Replies

• AngelRobbie
    AngelRobbie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's a huge NSV! And only after 29 days! Keep up the hard work and many more good things are sure to head your way :D
  • jenguhl
    jenguhl Posts: 79
    Options
    There's no better gift you can give yourself than good health! Keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!