Lunch for work

Options
Hello
I am very new to this... looking for suggestions on what lunch/snacks to pack for the work day. I think my biggest problem is unhealthy snacking at work.. I love soup but almost all the soup i find in stores have high sodium/same with the frozen meals... does anyone have suggestions on what a good healthy lunch to bring would be?

Replies

• JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    2 burger patties, no bun, whole cheese in between. Do coffee with coconut or MCT oil and/or heavy whipping cream instead of snacks.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Almost every day I bring:

a turkey or reduced fat salami sandwich
    low fat cheese stick
    100-200 calorie packs of nuts or trail mix
    fruit, or veggie with hummus

I also keep greek yogurt, oatmeal, and extra trail mix at work in case I get hungry. I find that eating the same or similar every day helps keep me away from snacking at work.

Good luck!
  • Cwestdesign
    Options
    I usually just bring leftovers from dinner with me and heat them up in the microwave. Or I grab a salad from the nearby TraderJoe's.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I have coffee and instant oatmeal at work for breakfast (the oatmeal is so easy, put it in a coffee mug, add water, heat and done!) For lunch I usually bring a salad or turkey sandwich and for snacks I do baby carrots with ranch dip or fruit and yogurt.
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Porridge oats, quick easy and keeps you going. Bung it in the microwave for 1 minutes, ive not got fed up of yet and its been months lol
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    -the healthy choices microwavable meals are a good thing to fall back on if you don't have time to make/pack a lunch one day =)

-try making extras @ dinner so that you can take them for lunch the next day - always do this for me and my other half

-invest in some good tupperware so that you aren't restricted with what you can bring as far as salad dressing, soup, etc. goes. ^_^

- as well, sometimes the instant oatmeal/hot cereal can provide you with a good boost and is super easy (as long as you have hot water at work) .. some of the flavors have little more than 100 cals!

Edit: AND YES NUTS - although count out your portions of these AHEAD of time, as the calories can add up fast. they are good to snack on though and will help you feel full.
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Snacks:
    Apples
    Greek yogurt
    string cheese
    peanut butter
    Sara lee 45 calorie sliced bread
    Hard boiled Eggs
    hummus
    Sliced raw bell pepper
  • emilymonnig
    Options
    I am usually running too far behind in the morning to pack a lunch, but McDonald's actually has a decent Southwest salad that has less than 400 calories if you get it with grilled rather than fried chicken.
  • Doylie615
    Doylie615 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I am usually running too far behind in the morning to pack a lunch, but McDonald's actually has a decent Southwest salad that has less than 400 calories if you get it with grilled rather than fried chicken.

I sometimes get this the southwest salad also. I love it, very filling.