So frustrated! Scale hasnt budged!

Options

Replies

• lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kms YOU should not be RUDE by calling me vain. You have no idea what my build or body structure is. 118 may not be unhealthy for my height, but it is also not comfortable or where I feel my best. I gain weight in the wrong places and my clothes do not fit right. Please dont crticize me for wanting to feel my best.
  • lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Seems a little jealousy is comming out in others that aren't as close to their goal. Don't worry. Patience is key. I don't know how to help without really knowing what your eating or how much exercise you're getting but I would make sure I was drinking enough water, try weights out more than cardio in the gym, and possibly reduce your carbs some and see if that helps.
    By the way, you're gorgeous. Remind me a little of Jessica Simpson.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You may also want to UP your calories. I personally have no tried that but I know many people on here that have and it got them out of that slump. I know it sounds horrible to UP them but I'd give it a try if I had the problem.

The OP is falling below goals. That is why the body is not letting go of extra weight.

Also, with only 10 lbs left try the settings of .5lbs/week instead of 1lb setting.
  • Aleciarose123
    Aleciarose123 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I read your profile. you're complaining about weighing 118? You want to weigh 105-110? Come on now. depending on your height 118 is most likely healthy for you. Don't be vain.

That's not nice to call her vain. We are here to support one another. It looks like you have lost a lot of weight. Your before and after pictures are incredible. Anyone may look at your profile and say you've reached your perfect weight even though you may still want to lose some more. No one is calling you vain for wanting that. My weight in within my normal BMI but I know I look much better when I'm 5-10 pounds lighter. We are all here with different goals so let's stay positive.

Thank you for this :)
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I dont get it?! I have beenunder my calorie goal every day for 8 days and I've been working out, yet my scale has not budged and I dont feel any thinner. I am 29 and I used to lose weight sooo easily. I am terrified that as Im getting older I cant lose weight like most people can. Is this even possible? I dont know what to think. I have been so dedicated.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!
    [/quot

Be patient... if you are exercising and eating with a deficit for "x" amount of fat loss.. it will happen. Just make sure you log EVERYTHING.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Please do not worry about age, I am 52 and use to weigh 112 kg, I now weigh 77 kg. I need to lose another 3 kg and am finding it difficult to lose. Just hang in there and you will be fine. :smile:
  • CoachJenniferM
    Options
    I dont get it?! I have beenunder my calorie goal every day for 8 days and I've been working out, yet my scale has not budged and I dont feel any thinner. I am 29 and I used to lose weight sooo easily. I am terrified that as Im getting older I cant lose weight like most people can. Is this even possible? I dont know what to think. I have been so dedicated.

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome!

First off, throw your scale away. It is not an accurate representation of how far you've come or where you are now. Go by how your clothes are fitting and how you feel.

Secondly, what have you eaten (or deprived yourself of) to get to where you are? If you've eaten mostly low fat, try adding a little bit of good fats into your diet (i.e. avocados, almonds, peanut butter, etc.) It's possible that your body has gotten to a point where it's holding onto whatever fat it has to survive, so if you introduce a little more good fat, it will adjust to what you're giving it and let go of some more. The human body is incredibly adaptable!

Thirdly, try changing up your fitness routine. If you've been doing mostly cardio, try some strength training or vice versa. Your body can adapt to what exercise you're doing as well and you may have hit a plateau. Change it up and see how that goes.

That's my advice. Good luck!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can't see your food journal so I am going to assume you are eating too few calories or just the wrong foods. As others mentioned; if you just started a workout routine you may be gaining muscle and should track your measurements. Muscle weighs more than fat!

You mentioned in your profile that you have always been able to eat whatever you want so I assume you are paying attention to the nutrition labels on what you are currently eating now. Keeping your diet full of lean proteins, veggies, low fat milk and fruit will help you lose weight the quickest. Don't waste your money on those 100 calorie packs and "diet foods".

Best of luck!
  • Aleciarose123
    Options
    It is because you are UNDER your calorie goal.

You need to meet those goals, not fall below them.

The idea is to lose fat not muscle.

The idea is to fuel your machine!

Your body is not going to let go of the extra weight if you are falling BELOW your calorie goals. If it does, you will gain it back and then some once you return to normal eating.

You're eating a deficit to the built-in deficit that MFP provides. You're doin' it wrong.

Ok thank you..youre probably right. I will try what you said and increase my calories.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    I just looked at the healthy weight chart for a 5'4" woman (the OP) with a small frame:

114-127lbs.

Anything under is considered underweight and can be unhealthy for your organs, longevity, overall health etc.

Has nothing to do with vanity. Having a goal of being underweight is not healthy.
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I gain weight in the wrong places and my clothes do not fit right.

Based on this comment alone, I would say a tape measure will be your best friend and the scale will be your enemy. Base everything on how you look and feel, not on the number :) Good luck!
  • Onesnap
    Options
    It is because you are UNDER your calorie goal.

You need to meet those goals, not fall below them.

The idea is to lose fat not muscle.

The idea is to fuel your machine!

Your body is not going to let go of the extra weight if you are falling BELOW your calorie goals. If it does, you will gain it back and then some once you return to normal eating.

You're eating a deficit to the built-in deficit that MFP provides. You're doin' it wrong.

Ok thank you..youre probably right. I will try what you said and increase my calories.

You are most welcome. Here to help. I've always been a healthy weight.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Losing weight takes a LOT of patience...give it time. And age has nothing to do with it. I'm 47 going on 48 next month. :drinker:
  • Onesnap
    Options
    Losing weight takes a LOT of patience...give it time. And age has nothing to do with it. I'm 47 going on 48 next month. :drinker:

Patience is great advice.

But in this particular case meeting those calorie goals, not falling below them is important for long term success. Age is not a factor with this particular question.
  • SocWkrBee
    SocWkrBee Posts: 374
    Options
    I only consider it vanity if you are already at a healthy weight, and the goal weight is unhealthy. I'm 5ft2 and aiming for 130. lol by your standards I'm pretty much going to be fat at my goal weight.

but do what you think is best.

This is not about you. Get over yourself.

OP, I agree with others that you are quite a looker. However, if you want to improve yourself a bit more, go for it. It can be tough getting support on this board if you don't have tons of weight to lose. You do not have to starve yourself. In the end that will have negative effects on your metabolism. Eat at the smallest deficit you can and still lose weight.

For example, MFP tells me that to lose one pound I need to eat 1290. But I have been eating about 2000 and MAINTAINING. That means that I can eat about 1500 actually. Do it in a manner that you are not back in this situation needing to lose weight that you lost in the past.
  • FutureMrsWarby
    FutureMrsWarby Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the healthy weight chart for a 5'4" woman (the OP) with a small frame:

114-127lbs.

Anything under is considered underweight and can be unhealthy for your organs, longevity, overall health etc.

Has nothing to do with vanity. Having a goal of being underweight is not healthy.

Well, this is along the lines of what I was trying to say.

If your goal weight is UNHEALTHY, it is no longer about health, it is about how you want to look. Which is technically vanity.
  • Ann1964x
    Options
    Good luck to you & I hope you find something that works.
  • kariinbliss
    Options
    As you get older, it does get more difficult to lose weight. HOWEVER, you should probably throw out your scale. I don't know how tall you are, but being under 120 pounds at almost 30 is not anywhere near being overweight. Most women obsess over 10 pounds that they seriously don't need to lose. Firm up, maybe... but 108 is not a realistically healthy weight for most adults. Not wanting to be rude or anything, but relax, enjoy life, eat right and exercise. There are worse things in life than getting older and not weighing as much as you did at 17. Best of luck, and have fun!
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    bump to post later
  • Aleciarose123
    Options
    I only consider it vanity if you are already at a healthy weight, and the goal weight is unhealthy. I'm 5ft2 and aiming for 130. lol by your standards I'm pretty much going to be fat at my goal weight.

but do what you think is best.

This is not about you. Get over yourself.

OP, I agree with others that you are quite a looker. However, if you want to improve yourself a bit more, go for it. It can be tough getting support on this board if you don't have tons of weight to lose. You do not have to starve yourself. In the end that will have negative effects on your metabolism. Eat at the smallest deficit you can and still lose weight.

For example, MFP tells me that to lose one pound I need to eat 1290. But I have been eating about 2000 and MAINTAINING. That means that I can eat about 1500 actually. Do it in a manner that you are not back in this situation needing to lose weight that you lost in the past.

Aww thanks so much. You are very sweet, and very helpful. Im glad I posted this question today because I think I know where Im going wrong now. Clearly, I also need to be a little more patient! :)