About to start the 30 Day Shred

Options
I always find that even though Jillian Michaels scares the crap out of me, she makes me want to work my butt off when I hear her screaming through my television to keep going. I have not tried her 30 Day Shred and I am preparing to start it on Friday. Has anyone done the 30 Day Shred? Do you have any advice or maybe share the progress you've made doing it? Any help would be great, thanks!

Replies

• miltongurl05
    miltongurl05 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on starting it soon as well! I've heard great things about it! :smile:
  • Jessicao33
    Jessicao33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    What is it??? I would be willing to do it also
  • nsmoker24
    nsmoker24 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I did it this summer and loved it. I lost about 8-10 lbs but also toned up my tummy. Let me know if you want to see my result. I actually just started her ripped in 30 today!
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You'll love it. I do all the levels not in any order though. It really does tone you up. Sometimes I go back to level 1 and use heavier weights or wear weighted gloves.
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle (literally) of completing the 30DS. Only 14 days left and I'll be done.
    It's a short circuit training workout but trust me, it's not easy. The 1st level may seem easy but the 2nd level is definitely challenging (haven't gotten to the 3rd level yet). It's very worth it tho. I haven't taken my measurements yet, or weighed myself this week but in the 1st 5 days of doing it, I lost 2.5 lbs. Stick to it even if you wanna quit... I look at myself in the mirror and I can see my waist thinner, my tummy more tucked and my arms and legs more toned. Can't wait to see the final results.

Good luck!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I did about 5 workouts (level 1) and quit. The cardio part of level one includes a lot of jumping which was killing my shins cause I run 3 times a week and dance 4 times a week. I was in pain. I'm probably the only one that feels this way, but I didn't like it.
  • determined_01
    Options
    I loved it, I didn't see a huge difference in inches but I did almost lose 10 lbs...
    banda_zpsb3c49ec9.jpg
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle (literally) of completing the 30DS. Only 14 days left and I'll be done.
    It's a short circuit training workout but trust me, it's not easy. The 1st level may seem easy but the 2nd level is definitely challenging (haven't gotten to the 3rd level yet). It's very worth it tho. I haven't taken my measurements yet, or weighed myself this week but in the 1st 5 days of doing it, I lost 2.5 lbs. Stick to it even if you wanna quit... I look at myself in the mirror and I can see my waist thinner, my tummy more tucked and my arms and legs more toned. Can't wait to see the final results.

Good luck!

Level 3 seems easier than 2 if that gives you an added spark haha I hated level 2 but loved 3
  • determined_01
    Options
    banda_zpsb3c49ec9.jpg
  • Wyutzy
    Wyutzy Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'd like some input on this too! I just finished day 1 of the 30 day Shred. level 1. IT WAS HARD for me!!!! Help! Advice, ??? just keep at it and it gets easier?????
  • determined_01
    Options
    banda_zpsb3c49ec9.jpg
  • determined_01
    Options
    banda_zpsb3c49ec9.jpg
    all right i'm done trying to resize
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    I started it on 9/22, it has so far helped me in losing weight. I have lost 5lbs doing it as of 10/08, I haven't weighed myself since then, I plan to on 10/22. I'd say I will have lost close to 10lbs ( Hoping I will have) and I know for sure that I have gained muscle. Not to mention my eating hasn't been the best, the week before this we made Halloween cupcakes.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Level 3 seems easier than 2 if that gives you an added spark haha I hated level 2 but loved 3
    Same here. Level 2 is the devil. Level 3 is the bomb. :laugh: I burned more calories doing Level 3, but it felt easier because there were more body weight and plank moves and fewer moves with weights.

The last round of cardio, though...that's what you're entire 30 Day Shred experience was preparing you for. It's ROUGH. That's why she saves it for the very end!
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    Yes, do it! I am about 2 weeks into the the shred. I do the 30ds workout 4 days a week and cycle two days a week, in addition to do doing yoga 2-3 times per week. I always take at least one day off of exercise altogether. I find that doing the workout everyday is too high impact on my knees. I love the cardio burn it gives me, but I am not sacrificing my knees to get it done everyday. Everything in moderation and its working...I feel tighter and look leaner already (losing inches) and will weigh in tomorrow morning to see if I have lost any more scale weight :)
  • janiem1987
    janiem1987 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 level 1 and so far I like it. This is my first time working out to one of her videos and I am already planning on the next video to try after this. I was in pretty good shape before starting it and it still kicked my butt. I didn't think it was too bad at first, but the next day I was sure feeling it.

Add me if you want and we can compare results!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'd like some input on this too! I just finished day 1 of the 30 day Shred. level 1. IT WAS HARD for me!!!! Help! Advice, ??? just keep at it and it gets easier?????

The first day I thought this is crazy, I can't do this! It did get better. Then I started level two and I thought this is crazy...I can't do this but I'm on day four of level two and I am doing it. You will get better. Although I still stink at pushups!
  • marnistar
    Options
    determined_01 I can definitely see a difference! Congrats on getting through it, I'm sure it's going to tough but it'll be a huge accomplishment to do all 30 days!
  • marnistar
    Options
    Yes, do it! I am about 2 weeks into the the shred. I do the 30ds workout 4 days a week and cycle two days a week, in addition to do doing yoga 2-3 times per week. I always take at least one day off of exercise altogether. I find that doing the workout everyday is too high impact on my knees. I love the cardio burn it gives me, but I am not sacrificing my knees to get it done everyday. Everything in moderation and its working...I feel tighter and look leaner already (losing inches) and will weigh in tomorrow morning to see if I have lost any more scale weight :)

Losing inches, looking leaner and feeling tighter is what I've learned to strive for. I will weigh myself the day I start and the day I finish but only a few times in between. I've come to realize the scale weighs me down mentally.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    I just started it on Monday. I was told from a few people to do each level ten days in a row then switch. I think I'm just going to do each level for 5 days, and then repeat. I'm already getting bored with level one. Not to say it's not a good enough work out though. I am sore from the neck down. A good sore though. I just get bored easily. I'm not going to do 30 days in a row though. I'm going to do Monday through Friday and do something lighter on the weekends. I'm on day 3 and am already seeing progress.