EM2WL Success Anyone?

Options
Im starting EM2WL and NERVOUS AS HELL!

So I've been doing 1200- 1400 the past few weeks, and little progress. I run and I am getting into body building (not extreme, just super fit is the goal) so I know (shame on me) that I have been underfeeding my body. Since I haven't been vlc for long I am not doing a reset. There were plenty of days (3 a week?) that I netted under a thousand, but was burning 600 + cals in a day. I did attempt to "make up" for it with two cheat ( maintenance) days a week but I'm taking a different approach.

I am starting EM2WL today and am very scared!! However, I had been stuck at 150 for 2 weeks after losing 5 lbs in 2 weeks, and today I ate WAY more in breakfast and lunch than usual (think 400 cals before dinner before, 1100 cals before dinner today) and I had LOST a half pound when I got home! Weighing in the afternoon, I broke through to the 140s!

Maybe there is some truth to this theory after all. I am going to be eating 2201 cals per day for a 15% deficit from my TDEE ( finally know what that means), so I wanted to track my progress and invite others to do the same because I had a very hard time finding success threads for EM2WL.

Please post your (un) progress before eating more, how much you increased your food by when making the switch, and your results! Also, for fellow noobs to this plan, track your successes as well! Can you tell I have a lot of faith in this approach? Lol. Good luck to all!

Replies

• forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    How's this working for you? Super curious!!!!!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    At first I gained a few pounds and then it started to get better and the weight started to come off. With exercise and MFP, I've lost 35 pounds and 5 inches.
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Just started a week and half ago, too soon to tell yet on the scale , but I feel awesome!
  • ritasice21
    ritasice21 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat at TDEE minus 20% and lose 1.8 lbs per week. Been doing this for over 4 months, mostly eating good foods with a few not so good.
  • McAlyna
    McAlyna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I started on October 1st, now into my week 3. I am gaining a pound. Still feeling bloated but I like how I can eat and feeling full and more energy.
  • summerlovin0817
    Options

Been eating at least BMR (1510 calories) for several weeks and got down to 145 (5 lbs loss)!! I've gained a pound back since that low but I'm not worried about it. I'm losing inches. I run, and have not seen improvement until I actually started eating, lol. I'm also building SOOO much leg muscle, which wasn't happening eating 1200 cals. I do wish the losses were faster sometimes, because I really want to hit the 130's by Thanksgiving. We will see though. Slow losses are definitely worth it. I'm (usually) not too hungry, my running is improving, I'm building muscle, and I have gotten so many "you're getting so skinny" comments from my boyfriend its not even funny.
  • forrolouise
    forrolouise Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Been eating at least BMR (1510 calories) for several weeks and got down to 145 (5 lbs loss)!! I've gained a pound back since that low but I'm not worried about it. I'm losing inches. I run, and have not seen improvement until I actually started eating, lol. I'm also building SOOO much leg muscle, which wasn't happening eating 1200 cals. I do wish the losses were faster sometimes, because I really want to hit the 130's by Thanksgiving. We will see though. Slow losses are definitely worth it. I'm (usually) not too hungry, my running is improving, I'm building muscle, and I have gotten so many "you're getting so skinny" comments from my boyfriend its not even funny.

THis way sounds fantastic! I'm glad you're having good results. I just upped my calories from 1200 2 weeks ago. Hopefully I'm as successful as you!!!
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I was scared to up mine. But I did, slowly going from 1850 to 2120 in about a month. I was at a standstill for a little while and questioned my decision to up my cals. Now it's coming off again :) slower (as can be expected) but see as I'm only a few hundred from maintain it will be easier to make the switch over I think. I was set to lose 1 lb a week and decided to up it a bit from there. I lost .4 this week, which is pretty good :) but I look better in the mirror, which is what these last few lbs are for anyway :) I'm already healthy, now just looking to drop a little extra for some extra room when I bulk.
  • summerlovin0817
    Options
    I was scared to up mine. But I did, slowly going from 1850 to 2120 in about a month. I was at a standstill for a little while and questioned my decision to up my cals. Now it's coming off again :) slower (as can be expected) but see as I'm only a few hundred from maintain it will be easier to make the switch over I think. I was set to lose 1 lb a week and decided to up it a bit from there. I lost .4 this week, which is pretty good :) but I look better in the mirror, which is what these last few lbs are for anyway :) I'm already healthy, now just looking to drop a little extra for some extra room when I bulk.

Ugh, I feel like I need to up mine more because I'm stuck again eating 1500-1800 per day. I'm so scared to eat more than 2000! I really want to start building more muscle (started lifting -- when I can, which I don't know how much that actually does for my body), but I'm afraid to start gaining fat when I start eating more. I've been sick this week and its respiratory so I can't run, so I'm definitely not upping it yet, but still...eating more to lose weight is such a foreign concept!
  • trkilpatrick
    trkilpatrick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    YES!!! i went through the typical phases on here but i think i got through them a little more quickly than others. I started out netting 1200ish for a few weeks and of course the first week or so i lost a little, maybe 3 or 4 pounds, mostly water i'm sure. And then i stopped losing for about 2 weeks!!! Then i figured out what TDEE was all about, i calculated my TDEE minus 20% and that is where i have stayed since then (about 1900). i have lost 16 pounds total and i am a much happier person than when i was trying to eat 400 cals less per day. It is easier for me because i don't have to worry about exercise calories or eating them back. I was really scared to up my calories too but it is so worth it!!! It makes sense to me that the body needs certain amount of "fuel" to operate and i am throwing more work at it with my workouts.
    Good Luck!
  • tjmist
    tjmist Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I was netting 600 (eating about 1200 and burning 600 NOT just eating 600) and am slowly trying to increase my calorie net. I'm at 900 net now and this suckksss haha i know it's better and to avoid vlcd but this plateau blows. I'm hoping my body will adjust and i can slowly continue to up my calories to a healthier level
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!