Food you refuse to give up?

Options

Replies

• jordandroid
    jordandroid Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Everything I eat when eating healthy is stuff I love - no point wasting calories and stomach space and time on preparing a meal I'm reluctant to eat!
    That said, the big thing I love is cheese. Mozzarella, grated parmesan, cheddar, Port Salut...

8ZVxj.gif

And bread. I miss sandwiches and slices of baguette!

But you know what? It's totally fine not eating them like I used to (nearly every day, excessively, hence my weight) and instead eating little bits of cheese in stuff like a Babybel or a string cheese. And instead of bread sometimes I'll eat a corn tortilla stuffed with salad and it's basically an EVEN BETTER SANDWICH.

The best bit is I feel better inside and out for not eating these things excessively and it's so much nicer to treat myself to little bits of it now and then!
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I honestly haven't given anything up. But I know that there's certain things that would just be pointless to eat when I'm trying to lose weight so I've naturally been avoiding them most of the time!

If I can factor it into my calorie limit and macro goal AND it actually contributes to my hunger level (so no empty refined carbs like cookies or chips UNLESS I really do just have the extra calories to blow AND I really trust myself to not binge on them) then I can pretty much eat anything.
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    red wine! I try to leave calories for it most days and if my two 6oz. glasses put me over, oh well!
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. I let myself have one square of Dove Chocolate (Promises) EVERY day. It's not that many calories (44), and it beats depriving myself of something I love. I actually take itty bitty bites and let them melt in my mouth so I can enjoy it longer. When I know I can have it, I don't really crave it, so there's less chance that I will fall off the wagon and eat a King-Sized candy-bar or a whole bag of "minis" (which the "old" me has been known to do).
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine why anyone would want to use 2%, it's milky water.

^^^ This. You get 2% by filling the empty whole milk jug back up with water.

When I was a kid we got milk from an old man with a few dairy cows that lived down the road. No pasteurization, no homogenization, just pure full fat awesomeness. Skim off the cream and make homemade butter or stir it back in to the milk.

I miss that.
  • lowm8nance
    lowm8nance Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. Amen.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Johnsonville cheddarwurst :) I allow myself one a week if I feel like having one.
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Bread, cheese, peanut butter. I have switched to whole grain bread and 2% cheese, but I refuse to give them up completely.
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. They may be high GI but dammit, I'm never gonna give them up (never gonna run around and desert you).
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    tacos, chocolate and soda :tongue:
  • pamperedpenguin
    pamperedpenguin Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    McDonalds sugar free vanilla iced coffee! But I went from 2-3 larges a day to 1 medium once a week. But you know what? I look forward to that 1 much more then before and it even tastes better. But I only reward myself if I've lost. Keeps me motivated!
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I used to think there were so many things I refused to give up.

But now?

I refuse to give up fruits and veggies. That's it. Everything else is probably on its way out, slowly but surely.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Sushi, but I have it much much less now.
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. They may be high GI but dammit, I'm never gonna give them up (never gonna run around and desert you).
    *love this*
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Coffee, sushi, and frozen yogurt.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Pizza and Ice cream :heart: life's to short not to enjoy it every once and ahile.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Basically, everything.

Nom nom nom.
  • alphafmlwolf
    alphafmlwolf Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    papa murphy pizza and cheese
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    whole milk, real cheese and butter... basically fats. I can't even imagine why anyone would want to use 2%, it's milky water.

I don't know why anyone would want to use milk; it's icky! Milk is for baby cows!

I haven't come up with a food I AM willing to give up. All things in moderation.

I only drink whole cats milk. The energy you use catching and milking the cat makes it almost a mythical negative calorie drink/food
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    whole milk, real cheese and butter... basically fats. I can't even imagine why anyone would want to use 2%, it's milky water.

I don't know why anyone would want to use milk; it's icky! Milk is for baby cows!

I haven't come up with a food I AM willing to give up. All things in moderation.

I only drink whole cats milk. The energy you use catching and milking the cat makes it almost a mythical negative calorie drink/food

:laugh: