What is it with negative people? [rant]

Options
APBTChampion
APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
I swear that I've run across the most negative people recently... in person, on MFP, everywhere.

What is so innately wrong with these people that they get their rocks off making people feel/look/sound bad in some form or another?

Are they so disturbed that it makes them feel good?
Or is it because they want someone else to feel as bad as they do?
Do they not know any other way to interact with the general populace?

Snippet of a convo I overheard:
"I'm so close to my goal weight, just another 15 pounds!"
"Maybe the last 15 will be your love handles."

WTF... really? THAT is your response to someone who has managed to lose all but 15 pounds?!

:huh: :mad: :explode: :devil: :noway:

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Ermagerd.
  • ShmoozyQ
    ShmoozyQ Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Ermagerd.

:heart:
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I swear that I've run across the most negative people recently... in person, on MFP, everywhere.

What is so innately wrong with these people that they get their rocks off making people feel/look/sound bad in some form or another?

Are they so disturbed that it makes them feel good?
    Or is it because they want someone else to feel as bad as they do?
    Do they not know any other way to interact with the general populace?

Snippet of a convo I overheard:
    "I'm so close to my goal weight, just another 15 pounds!"
    "Maybe the last 15 will be your love handles."

WTF... really? THAT is your response to someone who has managed to lose all but 15 pounds?!

:huh: :mad: :explode: :devil: :noway:

I usually smile to myself and realize that Karma will kick them in the *kitten*.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately there are a lot of people in the world who mainly elevate their perception of themselves by stomping on others.
  • Antonella64
    Options
    I know who your talking about and your not the only one to notice this person complaining. Lol this is supposed to be a positive experience that's why yesterday I wrote my positive experience with mfp because it is hon!! Focus on that not the ones that bring you down!! Your doing well xx
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Ive lost twice as much as my husband and he is the one getting hit on. Grrr.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I've got Ghostbusters II playing in my head now...
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you, you just helped me decide whether or not to stop and get vodka on the way home from work tonight.

yes-vodka-holland-netherlands-10370438.jpg
  • truckers_wife
    Options
    Geeeez!! Some people have no tact. Or maybe they were just jealous. Unfortunately there are alot of people like that everywhere.
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    wonka+offend.jpg
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    hellopotmeetkettle.jpg
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    You blew the top right off the irony meter.

220px-Ironing_a_shirt.jpg
  • APBTChampion
    Options
    Thank you, you just helped me decide whether or not to stop and get vodka on the way home from work tonight.

yes-vodka-holland-netherlands-10370438.jpg
    NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
  • Memerulez
    Options
    First of all your baby in your profile picture is adorable!
    Secondly, I believe they are truly jealous and can not accept anything good about another entity. I believe they are aliens.
    Third, if all they wanna do is be negative...they definitely need NOT be on this site. I, probably other too, need all the positive encouragement anyone wants to shower my way. I have a hundred pounds to lose.
    Fourth, let someone, and I mean anyone, tell me a negative response like that to my face. Not typed on this machine, PLEASE when I am within my 15 final pounds. They will certainly take a tongue lashing, if not a physical one. I am in anger management, I would hate to screw up my 9 months of non violent behavior in defense of anyone, including my own, accomplishment.
    To whomever was insulted, I applaud you. You can do this.
    To the person posting the rant, I applaud you. You are a good person for recognizing the idiocy.
    Thanks for your support.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You can kill them with kindness or ignore it and move on.
    I genrally find the "big old meanies" to be the honest and intelligent ones who won't just tell people what they want to hear.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    It's an election year...HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh wait..dont forget that general respect is dying FAST
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    wonka+offend.jpg

Winner.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    This site has a lot of helpful, knowledgeable, supportive people...

But for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction
  • APBTChampion
    Options
    First of all your baby in your profile picture is adorable!
    Secondly, I believe they are truly jealous and can not accept anything good about another entity. I believe they are aliens.
    Third, if all they wanna do is be negative...they definitely need NOT be on this site. I, probably other too, need all the positive encouragement anyone wants to shower my way. I have a hundred pounds to lose.
    Fourth, let someone, and I mean anyone, tell me a negative response like that to my face. Not typed on this machine, PLEASE when I am within my 15 final pounds. They will certainly take a tongue lashing, if not a physical one. I am in anger management, I would hate to screw up my 9 months of non violent behavior in defense of anyone, including my own, accomplishment.
    To whomever was insulted, I applaud you. You can do this.
    To the person posting the rant, I applaud you. You are a good person for recognizing the idiocy.
    Thanks for your support.

Thank you! That's my little Lucy, lol.

I had to give kudos to the girl who took the insult, she just gave them the "oh no you didn't" look and walked away. Not a word! It was the equivalent of someone putting up their hand and shooing them away like, "You're dismissed." I don't know how I would've reacted... hell, I probably would've cried. LOL
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Ive lost twice as much as my husband and he is the one getting hit on. Grrr.

Youve made him sexier...