Yo Yo dieter

Options
This is such a problem with me, I will be really motivated for 2/3 week, eating healthy, exercising plenty and I see the effects and as soon as that happens BOOM I lose all motivation, slip back to my bad habits, 2 week later I am back where I was before!
Anyone else have this problem? If so any tips on how to keep going after 2 week?

Replies

• LethalBeauty
    Options
    yesssssssssss I have this problem.. for about a year now. i lost only 6lbs :( still trying to find the motivation, so i dont have any tips, but just letting you know that youre defintely not alone!
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You have to find a balance that is sustainable long term. In other words, decide to never diet again, and just make better choices.

Pick just one item to change - say walking for at least 5 minutes a day. Once you have done this successfully for a week, pick another item. Following this approach you will build a stable foundation of good decisions.

Would also recommend incorporating a cheat day. This allows you to still eat the foods you love, and helps keep you focused the other days of the week knowing you have the cheat day to look forward to.

Good habits are just as easy to reinforce as negative ones.
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Its not a diet, its a lifestyle. You have to find activity you like, food you will eat long term, and you have to want it for good reasons. For me vanity was not reason enough. I wanted to feel good, I wanted to know what being fit really was. I became enthusiastic about making healthy food for me and my family, and I look forward to the occasional indulgence.

Diets often involve suffering though some limited food options, and being cranky about not every enjoying what you eat ever again. Who wants to do that.
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    yesssssssssss I have this problem.. for about a year now. i lost only 6lbs :( still trying to find the motivation, so i dont have any tips, but just letting you know that youre defintely not alone!

Yay glad to know I am not the only one..

Thanks for the advice, I know I know it shouldn't be a diet it's a lifestyle change...

Cheats always turn into cheat weeks for haha

Think I am just going to work out more...Hopefully I can stick to it for longer for 3 week.