Options

Replies

• madelinb417
    Options
    what is carb backloading?
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything to be quite honest.
    I just eat it less often or even just less of it.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I could never live without oatmeal and apples, carbs be damned!
  • IreneAdler221
    IreneAdler221 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Cheese. Any kind. Can't live without it.

This, 1000 times this.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my lack of self-control means 'much everything 'bad' has gone as I don't do moderation well :(.

Still eat a lot of lean meat which I always have done, but of course that fits in well with weight loss and muscle gain/no muscle loss.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Alcohol and sweets. I have a really bad sweet tooth that has to be satisfied from time to time.
  • rmuffycat
    Options
    I agree with you on eating what you want. I enjoy food and I get sick and tired of people telling me I need to cut out my carbs. I have tried that and I am so tired I am dragging through the day. Congratulations on your 83lb weight loss. You must be doing something right and enjoying your life while on the weight loss journey.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Liquor.
  • meglash
    meglash Posts: 22
    Options
    This is a thread I need right now. My dad made cookies and it's KILLING me knowing they are there. Even if I have the calories, I feel like I need to justify it and shouldn't eat anything bad EVER. Of course, that's setting myself up for failure....but it's a hard mentality to break. Any suggestions on dealing with the guilt?
  • dogpeeps
    dogpeeps Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything, but I have learned that I can't have it all. So I have to pass up a lot of temptations to enjoy the things that will truly satisfy the craving. the most. But the item I try most to navigate around is wine. Its an occupational hazard since I work for a wine & liquor distributor. ;)
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Beer.
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Tacos.
    and anything pumpkin
  • akgordoa
    Options
    I don't cut out anything. At all. If I want to work it in my daily allowance I will. I enjoy food. Yes I want to lose weight but I'm not going to deprive myself from anything. If I want pizza, then I'll have a slice of pizza. You've got to do what works for you. I've lost 83lbs. I get people commenting on my diary that I'm eating too many carbs. So what? What I'm doing is working for me, so I'll carry on doing it.

This.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Pizza and beer and I am satisified with the fact I will never have a 6 pack stomach.

this + chocolate
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    vodka mostly. i know, i know :ohwell:
    and chocolate :noway:
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    My "regular" flavored coffee creamer. My coffee is my daily pleasure and I'm not giving it up!
    (Actually I refuse to give anything up...it's all about moderation for me now!)
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nothing. For me this has to be a realistic lifestyle change, so I eat what I want in moderation. Of course I try to make healthier choices whenever possible, but I don't deprive myself of anything either. I've done that in the past and the outcome always lead to insane binging.
  • GibblesandBits8064
    GibblesandBits8064 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Chocolate!!!!! And I've tried, but I don't think I can entirely give up diet pop. I've seriously cut back though:bigsmile:.
  • OhLibra
    OhLibra Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Pizza and potatoes.
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nothing. There's room for anything in a healthy diet.