Will I lose my B cups?

Options

Replies

• RobynBrockerville
    Options
    I have fluctuated from 140 with DD, to 160 still DD, but as soon as I dipped below 140 (I am currently 136) I noticed I went down a cup size. I was a little sad I must admit because I worry about that term no one wants to say "sagging" if I reach my goal weight. Ive found my girls are not as perky since I've lost the weight, but hey, were doing this for us right? Healthy bodies all the way!!
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds and went from a 32F or G to a 30E or F (depends on the brand). Sadly it has just made it even harder to find a decent bra that doesn't break the budget. My sister didn't lose any cup sizes but went down 2 band sizes. She was a B as well. I think her boobs had less fat to begin with so it didn't affect her as much.
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I am wondering sorta the opposite. I wanna lose more in the boobie dept. I'm a DD and setting out to lose 180 lbs. I've lost 45 so far and no change in the girls yet. But I am shopping wedding dresses and some of the cutest ones just are not made for big chested girls. Any chance as I lose the next 135 lbs that my girls will shrink? I'd love to be a C cup. I was a C cup in junior high and I wasn't fat yet.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Cup size does not necessarily reflect actual size. Cup size is relative to the band size. The volume of a bra cup is the same for 30D, 32C, 34B, and 36A.
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I can tell you I was a D when I almost had a 6 pack and my weight gain only bumped me to a DD. A lot of people say that weight gain is the only reason some chicks have big boobs but it's not always that clean cut.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose mine!
  • SallyBlake
    Options
    I dont think it works the same for all women but my story is that I have always been very big. My bra was a 40D since 7th grade but I weighed about 250 then... I got all the way up to 270 and wore a D cup still. I have now lost 73 lbs and my C cup is a little big. I am probably a B now but havent bought a new bra recently. The band size went down to a lose 36 which I wear on the tightest clips. The girls shrunk. A lot. but so did the rest of me so it evens out. I dont mind having smaller breast, what I do mind is the lose skin on them :( Its not pretty. I work out... A lot... and still have saggy skin all over. Im 25 and hoping that it will catch up with me and look better but I lost 70 lbs in 11 months so maybe that all happened too quick for my skin. Anyways... I know others who lose and gain dramatic amounts and their "girls" never change.. I'm just not that lucky :(
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I was a D cup but almost 30 pounds later I went down to a C cup.
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mine have sadly disappeared with my weight loss lol. They were the first things to go too lol. Before starting my diet I was practically spilling out of my 36B size....and now, I'm down to a 34B and refuse to get an A cup lol. And i get the ones with super padding which helps lol. But like some women said, everyone is different so it really depends on ur body. I hope ur one of the lucky ones lol :)
  • babybird3
    Options
    Lost almost 20lbs, no change in cup size still a C, the bands looser on my back though! I guess we all lose it differently!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    My 2 cents... I was almost down to a droopy A & am now a firm B. All I can say is ensure you're doing strength training & DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BENCH PRESS or do ANY chest exercises at whatever weights are comfortable or challenging for you. The more upper body work I do, the better I get - and it's not just me who's noticed, but my Husband as well who now agrees I don't need to get implants (yea, didn't think I'd ever hear a guy say that!)
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a guy so I am "not allowed" to voice my opinion

but dude, if you only grew bigger boobs because you gained weight, you can't be upset if you lose them if you lose weight!

I will take a fit, in shape woman with smaller boobs than one who isn't in shape with bigger boobs ANY DAY of the week, personally.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a guy so I am "not allowed" to voice my opinion

but dude, if you only grew bigger boobs because you gained weight, you can't be upset if you lose them if you lose weight!

I will take a fit, in shape woman with smaller boobs than one who isn't in shape with bigger boobs ANY DAY of the week, personally.
    Thanks for the input, and.....
    No one is excluded from posting in any thread on the forums:)
  • brih1212
    brih1212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To 3dogsrunning
    You know I learned that yesterday and have to say that it's the most shocking thing I've ever heard! So many people-especially men- must be clueless about that
  • brih1212
    Options
    My 2 cents... I was almost down to a droopy A & am now a firm B. All I can say is ensure you're doing strength training & DO NOT BE AFRAID TO BENCH PRESS or do ANY chest exercises at whatever weights are comfortable or challenging for you. The more upper body work I do, the better I get - and it's not just me who's noticed, but my Husband as well who now agrees I don't need to get implants (yea, didn't think I'd ever hear a guy say that!)

So doing weights like that doesn't make you lose more fat in your breasts?? How much/often should one do pectoral type exercises then?
  • brih1212
    Options
    Mine have sadly disappeared with my weight loss lol. They were the first things to go too lol. Before starting my diet I was practically spilling out of my 36B size....and now, I'm down to a 34B and refuse to get an A cup lol. And i get the ones with super padding which helps lol. But like some women said, everyone is different so it really depends on ur body. I hope ur one of the lucky ones lol :)

Thanks! Yea, I really wish I didn't care about this stuff but I've always been fixated on my breasts..Guess I just need to let nature do w/e it wants while I lose weight, better to be healthier.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I'm an A cup no matter what I weigh. I wish that the weight gain made a difference there, but it didn't at all.
  • brih1212
    Options
    You can use those herbal formulas to fluff them back up lol:)
    Yes, they work.

Do you know what specific kinds that have worked on people? And do you know if they're safe? I have tried fenugreek capsules before but they didn't do anything for me.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    First, serious question: when was the last time you measured yourself or got professionally fitted somewhere other than Victoria's Secret (they are legendarily bad at it--either they measure you wrong or they lie about your true size and force you into one of the four sizes they carry just to make a sale)? I suggest enlisting the help of a trusted friend who you don't mind seeing you topless and measure yourself again. Here's how:

1. Measure around the ribcage just under your breasts. Stand straight up; the measuring tape should be in a straight line across your back and flat against your skin. Round to the nearest even number. This is your band size. The add-4/add-5 measuring system is outdated, as bra manufacturers don't make them that way anymore, so adding inches to your band size will only give you an ill-fitting bra.

2. Measure around the fullest part of your bust, usually at nipple level for most women. Again, the tape should be straight across your back and flat against your skin (except between your breasts). Don't pull too tight.

3. Subtract the number you got in step 1 from the number you got in step 2. The number of inches' difference tells you your cup size. 1" = A, 2" = B, 3" = C, 4" = D, 5" = DD/E...etc, etc.

I'm sure you're probably familiar with that information, but a shocking number of women are still wearing the wrong bra size. Weight fluctuations and stretched-out bras only make it more difficult to determine what size and type of bra will best support the girls. If you can, after measuring yourself at home, take that information to a bra boutique and get fitted there. They'll also be able to make recommendations for styles that will flatter you the most.

Second, if you haven't been overweight/obese all you life, then no, you will probably not lose your B's. That is to say, if you've measured and checked recently and your bust is still 2" bigger around than your ribcage, even after gaining weight, then it looks like them B-cups are here to stay no matter what size you are. However, if you've always been bigger, it's quite possible that your cup size will increase as you slim down. Your breasts will stay the same size; your band measurement (ribcage) will just get smaller. Happened to me. I went from a 42B/C to a 38DD/DDD; if you do the math, you'll see that my bust remained ~44-45" around, but I lost inches around my ribcage.

TL;DR: Make sure your boobs are still B's first before you go worrying about whether you're going to lose them.
  • brih1212
    Options
    First, serious question: when was the last time you measured yourself or got professionally fitted somewhere other than Victoria's Secret (they are legendarily bad at it--either they measure you wrong or they lie about your true size and force you into one of the four sizes they carry just to make a sale)? I suggest enlisting the help of a trusted friend who you don't mind seeing you topless and measure yourself again. Here's how:

1. Measure around the ribcage just under your breasts. Stand straight up; the measuring tape should be in a straight line across your back and flat against your skin. Round to the nearest even number. This is your band size. The add-4/add-5 measuring system is outdated, as bra manufacturers don't make them that way anymore, so adding inches to your band size will only give you an ill-fitting bra.

2. Measure around the fullest part of your bust, usually at nipple level for most women. Again, the tape should be straight across your back and flat against your skin (except between your breasts). Don't pull too tight.

3. Subtract the number you got in step 1 from the number you got in step 2. The number of inches' difference tells you your cup size. 1" = A, 2" = B, 3" = C, 4" = D, 5" = DD/E...etc, etc.

I'm sure you're probably familiar with that information, but a shocking number of women are still wearing the wrong bra size. Weight fluctuations and stretched-out bras only make it more difficult to determine what size and type of bra will best support the girls. If you can, after measuring yourself at home, take that information to a bra boutique and get fitted there. They'll also be able to make recommendations for styles that will flatter you the most.

Second, if you haven't been overweight/obese all you life, then no, you will probably not lose your B's. That is to say, if you've measured and checked recently and your bust is still 2" bigger around than your ribcage, even after gaining weight, then it looks like them B-cups are here to stay no matter what size you are. However, if you've always been bigger, it's quite possible that your cup size will increase as you slim down. Your breasts will stay the same size; your band measurement (ribcage) will just get smaller. Happened to me. I went from a 42B/C to a 38DD/DDD; if you do the math, you'll see that my bust remained ~44-45" around, but I lost inches around my ribcage.

TL;DR: Make sure your boobs are still B's first before you go worrying about whether you're going to lose them.

THANKS for the info! I will measure myself soon. And before last year I was pretty much a steady 128 pounds for a long time and now I'm 165. You said that if I lose the weight I gained then my cup size would stay the same it is if it is now 2 inches bigger than my band size. Do you know why that is?