People eating 1800+ calories?

Options
I've been eating between 1700-2000 calories/day for the past couple of weeks and have been seeing great results. Most of the people I'm friends with have calories goals much smaller than mine. I'm hoping to find some people with similar weight loss goals (currently 227lbs, goal is 144lbs) and similar calorie goals. Anybody else is completely welcome to add me too!

Replies

• CHANINE111
    CHANINE111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I eat allot more!!! Just starting to train this weeek then im going to eat more and more... =)
  • leehgee89
    leehgee89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having trouble eating 1800+ calories. My TDEE and BMR is telling me that I need to be inputting that much in a day, but I'm really struggling to get that much in. I started at 1200, but was getting cranky and hungry-I need to find a happy medium! Anyone having the same issue?
  • ilinx
    ilinx Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm actually having trouble eating 1800+ calories. My TDEE and BMR is telling me that I need to be inputting that much in a day, but I'm really struggling to get that much in. I started at 1200, but was getting cranky and hungry-I need to find a happy medium! Anyone having the same issue?

I absolutely know that feeling!I had 1200 kcal a day for quite a long time without losing any weight.I slowely upped it to 1400,then 1600 and know to 1800.I still didn't lose anything,so I guess I must be doing something wrong.Did you lose weight?Did you up your calorie intake slowely or all at once?
    Anyways even although I'm normally exercising 6/7 days a week,I don't seem to manage eating 1800kcal without stuffing junk food into my mouth.I think it's because I've been eating 1200kcal for so long and got used to it.Or maybe because I'm not used to eating healthy food which fill me up longer.IDK.
    (Well ignore this week of my diary.I failed so bad at my diet because of stress..)
  • leehgee89
    leehgee89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've only recently started using MFP, at the start of Oct-I've lost 9 pounds on 1200/day, but as I have quite a lot to lose, that didn't surprise me. But I'm more concerned with getting correct nutrients and being internally healthy. I've only upped my cals this week, I'm trying to go 1800 a day (of the right kinds of foods) but it's just too much! I'm seeing a nutritionist next week to get the skinny on what is right for me and my body.
    [/quote]

I absolutely know that feeling!I had 1200 kcal a day for quite a long time without losing any weight.I slowely upped it to 1400,then 1600 and know to 1800.I still didn't lose anything,so I guess I must be doing something wrong.Did you lose weight?Did you up your calorie intake slowely or all at once?
    Anyways even although I'm normally exercising 6/7 days a week,I don't seem to manage eating 1800kcal without stuffing junk food into my mouth.I think it's because I've been eating 1200kcal for so long and got used to it.Or maybe because I'm not used to eating healthy food which fill me up longer.IDK.
    (Well ignore this week of my diary.I failed so bad at my diet because of stress..)
    [/quote]
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Big eater here :P
  • andrea2543
    Options
    idk if i can do that, i am afraid i will binge, but i can see you are motivating others to try though and i am happy to see that someone in the world is:smile::happy:
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1800 and my stats are very similar to yours OP (sw 220, cw 195, gw 140, 5'6) I also came UP from 1200 but I did not gain while doing it and I have lost fine since. I had some small issues hitting the numbers but I am getting a good handle on it lately. Biggest thing to help me with that was to make sure my breakfast was substantial. Its close to 500 cal - next week it will be bigger because I am still having to have more than I like for dinner and snacks after work to hit it.

Diary is open if you want to look..I don't work out so you won't see 'exercise calories' either.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've been eating between 1700-2000 calories/day for the past couple of weeks and have been seeing great results. Most of the people I'm friends with have calories goals much smaller than mine. I'm hoping to find some people with similar weight loss goals (currently 227lbs, goal is 144lbs) and similar calorie goals. Anybody else is completely welcome to add me too!

Hi,

Im laura - im 210.5 at the moment (SW was 224) with a goal of 144lbs.

Im eating around 1800kcals a day at the mo. My MFP goal is 1200, but Im doing a lot of exercise so im eating most of those calories back as well.

Are you exercising as well?