Not loosing, too few calories? too many?

Options
2»

Replies

• lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was on 1300 cals for the last 6 months Id say. Originally when I joined (nearly 18 months ago I think!) MFP had me at 1200, I tried it for a while but it was too low. I upped it to 1300 cals and started losing again but I never eat back exercise cals. I recently increased to 1700 cals (my bmr) Id say I made this change 2 weeks ago and already seen major improvements. Last week (my first weigh in since upping cals) I lost around 4lbs and in the last 4 days I lost a further 0.8lbs. I do still net below my bmr with exercise but Im happy with the level Im at because I also have thyroid problems so simply cant eat too much anyway. Long story short, from someone who has recently upped calories its definitely worked for me, more energy, better sized meals, and bigger drops on the scale! At least try it for 4 weeks and if theres no change switch it up until you find what works for you!
  • jodie091
    Options
    I was on 1300 cals for the last 6 months Id say. Originally when I joined (nearly 18 months ago I think!) MFP had me at 1200, I tried it for a while but it was too low. I upped it to 1300 cals and started losing again but I never eat back exercise cals. I recently increased to 1700 cals (my bmr) Id say I made this change 2 weeks ago and already seen major improvements. Last week (my first weigh in since upping cals) I lost around 4lbs and in the last 4 days I lost a further 0.8lbs. I do still net below my bmr with exercise but Im happy with the level Im at because I also have thyroid problems so simply cant eat too much anyway. Long story short, from someone who has recently upped calories its definitely worked for me, more energy, better sized meals, and bigger drops on the scale! At least try it for 4 weeks and if theres no change switch it up until you find what works for you!

Thanks Lynz4589 I have upped my calories to TDEE -20% giving me 1700 a day I figure as long as I am below that somewhere and feeling good then it is all good. Hopefully it will kick start some weight loss for me and then I can reassess, as you say.

Thanks for the feedback everyone it is most appreciated :)