Mama back on track challenge,any takers?

Options

Replies

• CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have fallen off the wagon recently with MFP. Was doing great until a job change/schedule change, back to school for my child, change in weather, and recent vacation. Would LOVE to do a 30 day challenge to get back on track!! Count me in!!

GOALS:
    Login every day to MFP and stay within calorie goal
    Exercise 4x/week for at least 30 minutes
    Lose 5lbs at the end of 30 days

(Can someone let me know how to find this thread to check back in on Mondays?)

You'll find this thread on "My Topics."
  • allnaday
    allnaday Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yesterday i didn't do well as i didn't eat enough.......i think i made good choices i think and got my c25k in, but after homework, scouts and laundry, found myself a little short on calories. but today will be a better day.........gonna try to start ZUMBA tonight while the guys are out :):laugh:
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Morning everyone,to those that just started the group,welcome!! Please feel feel to friend me,to everyone else,I hope yall are ready for today,please make good food choices today,drink more water,and move,move,move!! Remember you are worth it!!!!
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was just ok, even though we went to jack in the box and i had 3 tacos but thats all I had for dinner, I need to try to eat healthy my children eat healthy but they still love to snack ALL DAY :) it;s a little hard when you have a 14,13,11 and a 1 yr old even though they are very supportive as far as going to work out with me its a big chanllage to try to make better choices even when u go to the fast food places ...... all i can do is keep on trucking :)
  • brubalcaba
    brubalcaba Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    THIS MAMA IS READY TO GET BACK ON TRACK TOO!!! EATING AND DRINKING WAY TOO MUCH. ITS AMAZING HOW QUICKLY BAD HABITS SET IN. EATING IN FRONT OF THE T.V. MINDLESS SNACKING, AND JUST OUT OF CONTROL EVENINGS!!! IT WILL BE NICE TO HEAR SUGGESTIONS AND INSPIRATION FROM OTHERS!
    BETH
  • AEFidgets
    AEFidgets Posts: 243
    Options
    I'm a day or two late buy I'd like to join as well. Yesterday was my 32nd birthday so why not make the next 32 years healthier! I am a Navy wife, mom of two young boys, and I run my own business so im super busy and living on soda and drive thru but no more. Time to commit to my health

Goals
    1 lose 80 total but 6 in the next month.
    2 start and finish 30DS
    3 eat in 6 days a week
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    UGH! Sorry for the negativity, but I have to ***** somewhere... Today I was good... I was active, I stayed in-goal, I got everything done that I needed to do. Sounds like a great day, right? And it should be remembered that way, but I'm frustrated.

See, when I started working out it seemed like my metabolism skyrocketed in immediate response, because I got incredibly hungry yesterday. Today I was really hungry too, but I was behaving. Then my daughter asks if we can stop at the store on the way home, trying to tempt me with a snickers bar if I'd do it. I explained the situation and asked her to respect the fact that I was having trouble today and she said okay. She then asked if we could stop and she could get some gum (something I can resist fairly easily) and I said yes. When she came out of the store she had slim jims, chips, butterfingers, snickers bars and a few other things in a bag and she got in the car and proceeded to eat one of the slim jims right in front of me. I broke down in tears. There I was, shaking-hungry and lightheaded, and she did exactly what I'd asked her not to do. She's 11, and I know we've been out of the healthy habit for a while, but I just couldn't handle it any more.

On the up-side, I still didn't eat the unhealthy foods... I came home and started making the dinner I'd pre-logged.

I hope everyone had a less frustrating day today than I did, and that you're all still sailing on the wings of motivation! Thanks for letting me vent!
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    hi!

I am 26 years old. I am a mom to two boys. I have logged and lost some weight, about 12 lbs, and stopped for awhile, gained a little back, now I am back down. Been logging my meals and walking. I work retail so I get exercise on those days too. I always need more friends and motivation:) Anyone can add me.
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ill join up!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    UGH! Sorry for the negativity, but I have to ***** somewhere... Today I was good... I was active, I stayed in-goal, I got everything done that I needed to do. Sounds like a great day, right? And it should be remembered that way, but I'm frustrated.

See, when I started working out it seemed like my metabolism skyrocketed in immediate response, because I got incredibly hungry yesterday. Today I was really hungry too, but I was behaving. Then my daughter asks if we can stop at the store on the way home, trying to tempt me with a snickers bar if I'd do it. I explained the situation and asked her to respect the fact that I was having trouble today and she said okay. She then asked if we could stop and she could get some gum (something I can resist fairly easily) and I said yes. When she came out of the store she had slim jims, chips, butterfingers, snickers bars and a few other things in a bag and she got in the car and proceeded to eat one of the slim jims right in front of me. I broke down in tears. There I was, shaking-hungry and lightheaded, and she did exactly what I'd asked her not to do. She's 11, and I know we've been out of the healthy habit for a while, but I just couldn't handle it any more.

On the up-side, I still didn't eat the unhealthy foods... I came home and started making the dinner I'd pre-logged.

I hope everyone had a less frustrating day today than I did, and that you're all still sailing on the wings of motivation! Thanks for letting me vent!
    aww hun,I'm sorry you had a frustrating day,but on the bright side,you didnt give in.it's ok to have a sweet every now on then,you don't want to deprive yourself from anything,cus that will eventuallymake u break,I know how that can be,but I'm really proud of you,itl only get better!!
  • november03
    november03 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 36yr old mom of 2 who has fallen off the MFP wagon….. I could really use a kick in the pants!!! I was doing really well and then started dealing with some health issues, which are not yet figured out… Grrr. I have not been working out, and have been using fear as my excuse. There is no reason why I can’t start adding small things back in. I have gained 7# back….. In 10 days I will have been on mfp 1 year.

SW- 163# (I am 5’ 4”)
    CW- 152#

Goal for the next 30 days=
    * take off 3# (more would be great…..)
    * Drink more water
    * Walk twice a week outside
    * ride my stationary recumbent bike twice a week.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    So this morning I had my MOPS group (it's a moms group that is an outreach program for churches, I coordinate a group). We start with a hot breakfast and it was not my turn to bring food. I had a plan to take a small piece of whatever egg dish that looked yummy and fill the rest with fruit. Well, the table that brought food did not coordinate well and we had LOTS of french toast and pumpkin bread and cake. AhhH! So, I did what I could and ate a small (high calorie) breakfast, but I logged it and took about 20% of what I normally would. Again, another hurdle for us moms. Mom events have yummy food.

Next meeting is my table's turn so I will be more in control and do better. But I planned a good dinner with lots of veggies so I could get some veg and protein in. It takes forever to log all the healthy stuff though!

Tomorrow I am volunteering all day for a fundraiser and I know pizza is usually ordered and there will be a table filled with snacks in the back room. I already have my salad packed and will bring a kashi bar and a yogurt. Thankfully I will be pretty busy, but I want the extras in case the temptation starts to get to me.

Planning is key, but when you are a mama, there are sometimes bumps in there that are unexpected. I love having the tools and support I need to get over the bumps as best I can.
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options

aww hun,I'm sorry you had a frustrating day,but on the bright side,you didnt give in.it's ok to have a sweet every now on then,you don't want to deprive yourself from anything,cus that will eventuallymake u break,I know how that can be,but I'm really proud of you,itl only get better!!

Thanks for this! If I had room in my diary or even hadn't had dinner thawing, I could have adjusted and split a treat with my kiddo. If I'd gone to the gym today, I would have had plenty of room, but I'm trying to ease myself into working out again and not hurt myself trying like I usually do (although I'm starting to think full weeks of workout are getting awfully close... LOL)... But it's really really REALLY nice to have people who understand a minor breakdown to vent to! Thanks again! =D
  • gsxrholly
    Options
    Well yesterday was a rough day. I was gone running errands most of the day and my hubby was supposed to come home from North Dakota (he works in the oilfield and is only home once a month) and of course his car broke down and he doesn't know if he can come now. So I are some powdered donuts, chips and had a pop :/ I didn't log in yesterday and I really dont have a reason why. Back to doing Tapout today and I'm going to go ride my horse today. Keep up the good work everyone! Stay positive, you guys are not alone. We can do this together!
  • bellanoelle
    bellanoelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm in....I am going on a cruise in 2 weeks but there is always walking on deck, fresh fruit and even a gym for free.

I am at 190.0 and in 30 days...around Thanksgiving, I'd like to be at 184.
  • Jb27
    Jb27 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, just had baby#4 and have lots of pregnancy weight to lose. I used mfp to drop all of my baby weight last time and hope to be able to do it again. My goal is to eat healthy stop the soda and workout more. I have what feels like a long way to go but im up for the challange!
  • mrstsc
    mrstsc Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well. I am a mom of two year old twin girls. I lost all my baby weight, but gained back about 15 pounds. It is time to get back to my goal weight and keep the extra pounds off. I just started MFP and I could really use the extra encouragement and motivation!
  • mind_over_weight150
    Options
    Great!! Welcome ladies!!! Those that are struggling,please keep going,I know it maybe tough,but know that it is possible to lose that weight,make sure you drink plenty of water,and eat good choices,if you can't or don't feel like eating better,at least eat smaller portions!! N move a lil more then usual,I hope yall are having a great day,keep up the great work!!
  • Foie_gras
    Foie_gras Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I am 44 and had my beautiful son last year. Yup, old first-time mom here. And we all know how much energy it takes to keep up with a toddler. I just don't have it, partially because of my age but mainly because of all of the extra baggage I'm carrying.

I can't join you on the Monday reporting because my weigh-in day is Wednesday (gotta put a few days between the weigh-in and the weekend). But I'll be happy to report on Wednesday.

Starting out, after my first full week on MFP, I've lost (only) 1.5 pounds, But that's still 1.5 few pounds to carry around. I'd like to do this the sustainable way, so 1.5 pounds a week is my goal. Oh and to drink my water. I am really bad about that.

I look forward to joining you all on your journeys. I know we all can do it!

(edit: I know my tracker says 4 lbs., but that's because my first logged-in weight was from the doctor's office. My log-in at home on the first Wednesday showed a lower number. And the number shows more weight loss due to rounding -- not me, the numbers!)
  • SJiqbal
    SJiqbal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

I'm 24 and a mum to an one year old. I gained a lot of weight during and after pregnancy cos of a stressful pregnancy and have now made the commitment to myself to lose it all. I've been calorie counting for 10 days now and can feel the difference. I want to take part in the challenge so I do turn using MFP into a habit.

SW: 196
    CW: 194
    GW: 133

Also to exercise at least twice a week.

Please feel free to add me anybody :)