can i have mcdonalds on my cheat day

Options
can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day or will it be too unhealthy and make me want to eat more ?

Replies

• PPayne34
    Options
    You can but you will be disapointed after you have eaten it!!!.. I wish there was a way of getting a scratch and sniff mcdonalds as its the smell i prefer.. Im never full up after having a mcdonalds then regret having it in the first place. not much help but hope you can resist the craving it will soon pass. Eat something healthy instead then you can eat more and feel full up for longer.. Never feel hungry!!
    px
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You probably could. Do you log your cheat days? When I have a cheat day, I still make sure that I log everything and TRY not to go over my limit for maintaining weight...

But to be fair, I've not had a craving for McDonalds, KFC or Burger for months now. (I work within a stones throw of all three and walk past at least two of them every day).
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You shouldn't eat McDonald's EVER ;) not only is it horribly unhealthy (fat, sodium, etc) ...the food quality is bad as well.

You're body is a temple... don't put that S*it in it! lol. If you really want a cheeseburger...make an amazing cheeseburger at home! They are so much tastier and then you can control what you put in it.

But in seriousness, if you want to have a cheat day. Eat a McDonalds cheeseburger... it is not going to derail much.. but I would consider going through drivethru and leaving. THEN if you do realize it tastes amazing...you can't have another.

Also, expect to have stomach knots and possibly be sitting on the toilet if you have not had McDonald's or greasy food in awhile. Take it from me...I made a similar mistake once. ;-)
  • skinnylove111
    Options
    You can but you will be disapointed after you have eaten it!!!.. I wish there was a way of getting a scratch and sniff mcdonalds as its the smell i prefer.. Im never full up after having a mcdonalds then regret having it in the first place. not much help but hope you can resist the craving it will soon pass. Eat something healthy instead then you can eat more and feel full up for longer.. Never feel hungry!!
    px

very true it isnt filling at all
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    You can have whatever you like. What you do or don't eat is up to you. But staying within your macros is a good idea. You may find now though that that once tasty cheeseburger is no longer quite as appealing as it once was. After watching what I eat and making better choices for the last couple of months I find I can no longer stomach the fast food fare as well as I could before.
  • skinnylove111
    Options
    You shouldn't eat McDonald's EVER ;) not only is it horribly unhealthy (fat, sodium, etc) ...the food quality is bad as well.

You're body is a temple... don't put that S*it in it! lol. If you really want a cheeseburger...make an amazing cheeseburger at home! They are so much tastier and then you can control what you put in it.

But in seriousness, if you want to have a cheat day. Eat a McDonalds cheeseburger... it is not going to derail much.. but I would consider going through drivethru and leaving. THEN if you do realize it tastes amazing...you can't have another.

Also, expect to have stomach knots and possibly be sitting on the toilet if you have not had McDonald's or greasy food in awhile. Take it from me...I made a similar mistake once. ;-)

maybe i should make one myself so i can controll whats in it thanks for the idea :)
  • marinebiologist_girl
    Options
    Go for a healthier option in McDo maybe but yeah, why not? It's your cheat day. You take some time off, you enjoy something you know isn't good for you to relax and spur yourself to get more done on your on days. Just make sure you log it, and I'd say... if you're having such a large cheat day, work out extra heart later on. But there's no reason why you can't have something.
  • FitspoEm
    FitspoEm Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    have a happy meal :D

they are about 450 calories!

i regularly have them.

you feel less guilty and crappy afterwards.
  • cblevitron
    Options
    You can have a McD's cheeseburger any day as long as it fits within your calories.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    One McDonalds cheeseburger once in a while is not going to kill you. I know it's full of salt and fat and calories and blah blah blah, but we all have to live and no-one can eat healthily 100% of the time.

Have it, enjoy it, log it, and get back on it tomorrow.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    No, you are only allowed Burger King.

Seriously, on a cheat day I eat what I like. Earlier in my journey I went big on pizza, made me feel rotten the next day, and no longer crave pizza.
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    You can do whatever you want haha! Is it in the best interest of losing weight? No. Will it set you months off track? No. Yesterday, I was out with co-workers and the general mass decided on Five Guys Burgers. I ate, enjoyed it, then slayed myself in the gym. Just make sure you track what you eat and get in the necessary excercise.
    One cheeseburger won't hurt you... but one a day for a month will.
    Good luck!
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day or will it be too unhealthy and make me want to eat more ?

have you ever watched the movie/documentary "super size me" ????

Youtube full: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-eRXuuH9AI
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options

+1

I remember the first time I had Burger King after about 9 months of fairly strict healthy eating. I was soooooooooooo looking forward to it and 1) it didn't taste as good as I thought it would and 2) it screwed me up for a few days because I was sooooo constipated after that (sorry, but had to share :) )!!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    You can eat pure lard on YOUR cheat day!! Whatever keeps you motivated to come back for more...

McDonalds will probably work well as you will feel like crap afterwards, thus making you want to eat healthier for another week :)
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    One McDonalds cheeseburger once in a while is not going to kill you. I know it's full of salt and fat and calories and blah blah blah, but we all have to live and no-one can eat healthily 100% of the time.

Have it, enjoy it, log it, and get back on it tomorrow.

I agree 100% besides moderation is key and you aren't choosing a BIG Mac!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    No! never eat Mcdonalds..
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    only if you are 12
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can eat whatever you want on your cheat day. But let me warn you.. if you have been eating healthy and you down a "pre lifestyle" size meal, you might not like the internal distress. I would suggest going with a happy meal first.

I agree with the poster who said they enjoy the smell of McDonald's more than actually eating the food. I like the new coffee at McDonalds and get it at the airport because it is cheaper than starbucks or peets or seattles best.

Enjoy!
  • Talon130
    Options
    have a happy meal :D

they are about 450 calories!

i regularly have them.

you feel less guilty and crappy afterwards.

And you get a toy ;)