can i have mcdonalds on my cheat day

Options

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    You can have what you like any day, I'm into 'clean eating' (grass fed, omega 6s vs 3s, etc) but I would not sweat it if I had to live off Mucky Ds for a week or so.

Re: Supersize Me - I will insert my standard response ... Spurlock is an idiot.
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One McDonalds cheeseburger once in a while is not going to kill you. I know it's full of salt and fat and calories and blah blah blah, but we all have to live and no-one can eat healthily 100% of the time.

Have it, enjoy it, log it, and get back on it tomorrow.

I totally agree - this is my philosophy as well!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I haven't had McD's in years, but now that there's a Five Guys, I don't care! Of course I get it protein style, and it keeps me full.
  • flynnfinn
    flynnfinn Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    eat what you like...or what you crave. it's your cheat day. just get back on it the next day.

heck, when i'm having a cheat day, i go into it knowing full well that i am going to go berzerk eating what i want. nothing is forbidden. i do it all and i go big. i also log it all in. i ALWAYS blow my macros and my calories...after all, it's not really a cheat day if i stay within my guidelines. i stay WITHIN my guidelines everyday so a cheat day should just be plain and simple NAUGHTY and BAD.

yeah, maybe i don't feel so good about everything i ate but it's one day and it helps keep me sane. one day here and there is nothing in the grand scheme of things. it also helps me to stay focused when i am being good and eating clean.

with that said, i used to "need" a cheat day when i started with MFP. then i up'd my calories and i incorporate some small treats on a daily basis. now i hardly have cheat days.
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I'm a great believer in a little bit of what you fancy every now and again does you good, its when we overdose on those things that we end up in trouble.

If you want it, have it, it'll kill the craving but I agree, log it and try not to go overboard
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Have a squirrel

squirrel.jpg
  • kris4chloe
    kris4chloe Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    i eat mcdonalds on non-cheat days when i am crunched for time or i need to go grocery shopping. although i choose the chicken sandwich or salad. calorie wise they are not that bad and there is enough protein to keep me full.

this is a way of eating, not a temporary diet, you need to learn how to fit things in a healthy way to succeed for a long time.
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options

Also, expect to have stomach knots and possibly be sitting on the toilet if you have not had McDonald's or greasy food in awhile. Take it from me...I made a similar mistake once. ;-)

McGurgles
  • iamnotjerry
    iamnotjerry Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day or will it be too unhealthy and make me want to eat more ?

A cheeseburger? Looks goods, but has no health benefits at all. If you eyes are hungry, eat up:)

When I first started eating healthy I had to stop at McD's on a trip. I could only order their salad and then I threw half of the toppings away.
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options
    I had a Mc donalds the other week.I have to say that after eating healthy for a good month i couldnt believe how salty it was.Plus it didnt fill me at all.Then came the inner gurgles..... :sick:

To me,it was an education.I wont waste my calories on **** like Mc's again.So as long as you log it,go have one.You may find it will be a LONNNG time before you will crave another xxxxx
  • coder48
    coder48 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes you can.
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I go to Mc Donalds occasionally and I don't really do cheat days.

I ALWAYS get the side salad with the low fat dressing and a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato and 1 pack of barbeque sauce. :)
  • wrevhn
    wrevhn Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'd say you might not want that kinda MESS in your system. I don't feel like its all "food". I'd make a burger at home with better ingridents if I were you. Or fudruckers, something less harmful to your body. I think of most fast food as toxins. But ppl drink on cheat days so I guess if you want you could.

Also, it could be a slippery slope area for some ppl.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day

Yes
    or will it be too unhealthy

I wouldn't worry about the effect that 1 cheeseburger has on your overall diet. 4 per day? Then I'd probably take a close look and consider some changes. One per week? I really doubt it's a problem given your entire diet isn't awful.
    and make me want to eat more ?

But this part is something NOBODY can tell you until you try it, and you better believe that it's important to pay attention to.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Make a great burger yourself...cheat with your favor cheat topping, but add the healthy toppings too!! You'll enjoy the taste and feel of it too!!! Try angus, turkey, lamb, or chicken burgers as well!!! Delish!!!!!!!!!!
  • mprezn
    mprezn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    on a bad day it should be ok.
    I think if your too harsh on yourself its not the best. You need a break every now and then. I think aslong as it doesnt go hugely over ur calories for the day... (but i always go over on bad days) LOL

I go to town on bad days then i get the craving outta my system so i can concentrate on being good.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day or will it be too unhealthy and make me want to eat more ?

Only has 300 cals so likely you could fit that into your regular day and still get in a good amount of micros and your other macros
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Have a squirrel

squirrel.jpg

Squirrels are made of meat. That squirrel will fit in my macros. I'll need to know how many grams of nuts he is consuming so I can see if it'll add any unnecessary carbs to my diary.
  • caldon4523
    caldon4523 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Really, McDonalds on your cheat day?!? Go to Red Lobster and indulge!:tongue:
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Eat the McDonald's!
    i was thinking about it earlier!
    there giving out ScoobyDoo Buckets for halloween in the kids meals <3