can i have mcdonalds on my cheat day

Options

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    You can but you will be disapointed after you have eaten it!!!.. I wish there was a way of getting a scratch and sniff mcdonalds as its the smell i prefer.. Im never full up after having a mcdonalds then regret having it in the first place. not much help but hope you can resist the craving it will soon pass. Eat something healthy instead then you can eat more and feel full up for longer.. Never feel hungry!!
    px

very true it isnt filling at all

This is my experience as well. I'd much rather use those 300 calories (assuming you're talking about a standard cheeseburger, not a Big Mac, etc) toward something else that won't leave me hungry and feeling tired a couple hours later. Now, pizza on the other hand - that is definitely cheat day worthy. :)
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't do McDonald's, it gives me the squits.

Sorry....tmi...?
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    absolutey, but only on the MONOPOLY timeframe where cheating can win you something
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you're still able to achieve your goals, why not.

However, might I suggest instead going to a real restarurant that serves good quality and super yummy burgers, you'll enjoy it so much more. Every Friday is burger and fry date night in my house, I work hard all week to earn that meal.
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want ... it's your health. Personally I wouldn't waste a cheat on crummy McD's food.
  • amsy_777
    Options
    I think so!! Mainly because I think a cheat day is a great motivator to get back on healthy eating and exercise, and you realise what makes you feel amazing, but also have satisfied that craving

As long as your cheat day isn't every day, go for it, enjoy life!

My cheat day often stars my favourite food, mashed potato!! Om nom nom!!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    It's your cheat day. Eat whatever you want.
  • zela
    zela Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My cheat meal would be more like a nice juicy medium rare steak with unlimited sides and a glass of wine. But if McDonald's will keep you happy for a week, than go right ahead.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Really, McDonalds on your cheat day?!? Go to Red Lobster and indulge!:tongue:

Red Lobster is the IHOP of shellfish.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    I used to train with an NPC competitor we called Superman Mike who, if he was eating McDonalds cheeseburgers and wanted to shed wet weight, he would eat MORE McDonalds cheeseburgers.

Not saying you should do this just sharing an anecdote. He's a freak of nature.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    You can have a McDonalds cheeseburger any day if it's within your calories. Only you know yourself if it's going to make you want to eat more.

Is there a particular reason you having this cheat day? I have them but they are normally reserved for days when over-indulging is highly likely such as weddings or big parties.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options

Red Lobster is garbage, Long John Silvers is better.
  • laprincess1234
    Options
    My weakness is chocolate. I have found that if I stay away from chocolate, I don't crave it. That is not to say that I never eat chocolate. I just make sure that if I eat it, it is worth it because after I eat it, I start craving it again and it takes a lot of time for those cravings to go away. I only eat it when it is worth it. Probably about every 3 months or so. McDonald's is so bad for you. Try looking for an alternative. You can cook yourself a big burger on the grill using lean meat and it would be ten times tastier than McDonalds and a lot more nutritious. Successful dieting is all about changing your eating habits. If you don't change your eating habtis, you will gain the weight back.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options

Red Lobster is garbage, Long John Silvers is better.
    Word.

Love some Long John Silvers.

It's great to eat when I need to cleanse.
  • SellyBunnie
    Options
    The last time I ate McDonalds, about 3 weeks ago. I got a grilled chicken salad and an angus snack wrap. That made me so sick! Like bad tummy ache after sick! It wasn't a nice feeling.

And your body IS your temple and greasy fatty fast foods are garbage. Don't trash yourself! Go out for some sushi, which is my fave lol.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    can i have a mcdonalds cheeseburger on my cheat day or will it be too unhealthy and make me want to eat more ?

You should have whatever you want to have. Whether it will make you want more is really up to you. Everyone's tastes are different. Some things that I used to like don't taste as good anymore, some do. Of course, I haven't eaten McDonald's in many, many years anyway, but I suspect I would still like the fries. :) Sorry... Off track.

As long as you view it as a treat, and not something to do all the time, why not?

(I skipped most of the responses, so sorry if I'm repeating stuff.)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    It's your cheat day, not ours. Only you know how you'll react.

...I have McDonald's on my regular days sometimes. =) Just had it last night, in fact.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    I dont know about everyone else but when I have a cheat meal its go big or go home. Why the hell am I gonna eat crap fast food? I want a REAL MEAL.

Give me a Cuban style Curracho steak with fried plantains and lime garlic butter served with your finest sangria.
    Or a full rack of ribs, garlic mashed red potatoes in the house country gravy and a tall porter ale.
  • Busymomshantell
    Busymomshantell Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My daughter did a science fair experiment last year - got fast food burgers and fries from BK, McD, Wendy's and made a homemade one - observed them for one month...results...Homemade was the grossest moldiest thing you've ever seen - absolutely disgusting - there was a slight spec on mold on BK - Wendy's was the same, just shrunk up some - McDs looked the same as when we bought it. You can eat what you want, when you want and stop when you want. Me personally - I avoid McD - especially since that experiment. After two months it was still the same - only difference over course of time was it shrunk a little. Probably water evaporating out of it. So still want McD?
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    A McDonald's cheeseburger is only 300 calories. Yes, it's 300 calories of crap, but it's not going to kill you.