Some Simple Dinner Options?

Options
Medilia
Medilia Posts: 230 Member
Hey can people please send me recipes for dinners? I just want some simple and basic things that I can do easily.
Calorie count would be good too if possible but not required =)

Replies

• mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I made this last night (it's based on a dish most South Africans know as Chicken a la King):

Tesco - Indian Basmati Rice, 200 g (before cooking)
    Tesco - British Turkey Breast Steak - Grilled, 430g (or chicken)
    Tesco - Healthy Living Half Fat Creme Fraiche*, 100 ml (very optional - just added it because I need to increase my calories now)
    Bisto - Chicken Gravy Granules*, 45 mls
    Heinz - Cream of Mushroom Soup 400ml, 1 can
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw, 233 g (2 peppers)
    Tesco - Forestiere Mushrooms, 250 g (chopped)
    Napolina - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 11 ml

So this is quite a bit of food - enough for 3 people or 3 meals (it's my lunch today too!!).

Fry the peppers, mushrooms and chicken (or in this case turkey) in the oil in a pan (I rarely use oil, but for the mushrooms, you are going to need it!). Add a tin of cream of mushroom soup, chicken gravy granules (or chicken stock if you're not as lazy as i am). (You can add some water if it's too thick for you) Simmer for a while and then add the creme fraiche if you want right at the end.

Serve over basmati rice.

The above, divided into 3 portions gives (per portion): 619 calories, 66g carbs, 15g fat, 53g protein.

If you are looking to cut down the calories, skip the creme fraiche altogether and reduce the amount of rice (it was a fair amount of rice to be honest) and you can probably cut down a bit on the meat too and possibly add other veggies like onions and peas.

The above assumes that you like mushrooms of course :)
  • nabelaca
    Options
    You can go to simple recipes.com, easy or common recipe.com and that will give you some. Also you can put ingredients into google and it will give you ideas also.
  • Medilia
    Medilia Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I love mushrooms XD that looks like a great meal I think I will look into that one next pay check since I am poor and not buying food until next week now.

Thanks I look at those sites right now.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Checkout skinnytaste.com
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com is a great place to look, all the meals are delicious!

Also, I have a few simple recipes on my blog, with the calorie count...you can find that here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/coliemariealessi

I like to make stir fry, it's low in calories and it's quick to make!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for basic, stir-fries are great. Choose a meat, some veggies, the sauce of your choice and you're good to go. Or you can add tomato sauce and noodles for a great pasta meal. Maximum of two pots, and your entire meal is there.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Some of mt favorite recipe sites are

thegraciouspantry.com
    cleaneatmag.com
    familyfreshcooking.com
    kalyn'skitchen.com
    skinnykitchen.com
    ccookingquinoa.net

and then theres always the slow cooker option

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/01/clean-out-pantry-minnestrone-soup.html
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    +1 Skinnytaste.com
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I shop I always check out the stir fry seasonings and pick up some relatively healthy options. Then you can do a quick stir fry by adding fresh or frozen veggies and any meat you have. That's my best 'goto' meal when I'm just too tired to think about it. Good Luck!
  • Maagrie
    Maagrie Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    When I shop I always check out the stir fry seasonings and pick up some relatively healthy options. Then you can do a quick stir fry by adding fresh or frozen veggies and any meat you have. That's my best 'goto' meal when I'm just too tired to think about it. Good Luck!