Options
Just started today, any encouragement you can give me, I will appreciate it. Thanks

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • wdjvtr
    wdjvtr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    welcome! after being on this program for a half a year I've found that i eat what i want. i just have to have self control on portion size. you also have to be very strict in putting down what you eat everyday! its actually second nature now. if i happen to go over the calorie count for the day, i just ramp up the exercise regime for that day until i'm under my daily calorie count. its seemed to work for me. still have a ways to go but i have made definite progress. good luck to you!
  • Resurrection77
    Options
    Thanks Ready to Rock, First Day was exciting!
  • Resurrection77
    Options
    Portion control is exactly what I need to work on. The ride thus far is very exciting. Thanks very much for your insichtI
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I've only been here a few weeks but it's not the first time I've tried to lower my body fat which is considerable.
    Be honest logging food and drink every day. After while it becomes a habit and you learn things along the way....like how certain foods affect the totals. Then you can take smaller or larger servings to keep meeting your calorie goal.

It helps me to have one "improve my nutrition" goal at a time. Right now my goal is to have dark green leafy veggies 4 or 5 times a week. I used to have 0 to 2. When that gets established as a habit after a few weeks, I will make a new nutrition goal.

Same for exercise. I know I need to start out slow and gradually increase my exercise tolerance. I'm still working on 20 min X 3 per week. Don't have that well in place yet. When I do, I will increase the time for each session.
    Ani