Any bright ideas for a first date?

Options
haroon_awan
haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
I asked out a colleague for coffee two weeks ago but because we both have stupidly busy schedules that clash with each other we haven't been out yet. It's sucks that it's taken this long, so I want to just skip coffee and do something else. There isn't really much to do in our little town (no ice skating, mini golf etc) and she doesn't like going to the pub/bar for a drink (which I good for me because I gave up alcohol a few months ago) and I don't like going to see a film because we'll spend the entire time sitting in the dark not getting to know each other. Dinner seems too formal because she is quite shy.

She's about 22 and I'm 20, and we both work in the only museum in town, so that's out of the window.

Where would you like to go with such limited options? I'm stumped.

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    A park, for a walk.

or a strip club.
  • Nina_Crowson
    Options
    Maybe you can cook for her! Cook your best meal, and then its thoughtful, and you can get to know each other.
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Go for a hike, a bike ride, a walk in the park/beach/etc., go kite flying, rent mopeds. Pack a picnic lunch to bring with you.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I second the walk. Pack a picnic lunch if it isn't too chilly where you are.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I took my wife out in my bass boat for our first date.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options

or a strip club.
    That works, dated for 7 years after that and now we're getting married!
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Keep it simple and no movies or anything that makes it hard for you to talk and more importantly LISTEN to her :)
  • Bella_Bea
    Bella_Bea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How about taking her out for dinner? Simple yet effective.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    I second the walk. Pack a picnic lunch if it isn't too chilly where you are.

something simple,....fresh fruit,bottled water,..and dont forget flowers!!
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Fishing!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    This is my department....

Utilize the outdoors....make sure you time the sunset, pack a simple, yet delicious dinner/picnic. If you have a river...USE IT. bring along something to play music....wireless speakers feed from your smartphone/iPod/mp3 player. Dance to some jazz at sunset, under the stars, and talk....

If you dont have this, any restaurants that have live music, like jazz or blues? Dont be afraid to mix it up on the floor...especially if no one is dancing and its busy...make sure she knows she's the only one in the room.
  • HellsKells
    HellsKells Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Drive around and rate people's Halloween decorations. Some people really go OTT. Plus, it offers interesting conversation....assuming there are some real weirdos in your town.
  • fcp1234
    fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple and no movies or anything that makes it hard for you to talk and more importantly LISTEN to her :)

smart man