Shirt size?

Options
I currently wear a size 7/9 jeans and when I shop for shirts I normaly have to buy a large. Even last year when I weighed 130lbs and wore a size 4/5 I normaly bought large shirts. I dont understand. Will I just be stuck in a LARGE forever? I wear a 36D bra so, they're not small but they aren't ridiculously huge either. It seems that when I lose weight my chest (not boobs but actual chest) and shoulder area never get any smaller. Even after losing 120lbs my chest still measures the same size around. It's just annoying because how are you supposed to feel thin when every time you go to the closet that dreaded LARGE tag is glaring at you!!!:noway:

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is perhaps a tailor to take your shirts in, or if you're sewing inclined, maybe do it yourself. Large chests run in my family, I'm short and run between a 34C and a 34D depending on my weight, and my mom mentioned a website called "mycurvyclothes" that sizes according to bust for a better fit.
  • kilburni
    Options
    I won't try to tackle women's sizes but I know that for some people there's a minimum shirt size you'll ever get to. For instance, I don't expect to ever wear a medium again (even after getting back to my goal weight) nor do I expect to fall below a 46R Jacket size. There's a point where you just don't gain/lose weight in certain areas so If your chest is just at bone then it may not get any smaller.

Anyway, if you're a healthy weight and you're happy with the way you look in your clothes, then does it really matter what the tag says? Don't get too hung up on size when being comfortable in your clothes (regardless of what the tag says) should be the real goal!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    A hottie is a hottie, regardless of what the tag says. Wear your large proud and with confidence when you get to your goal!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    :bigsmile: Here is my big suggestion - just clip the tags. I have always been busty at any weight. It doesn't really get to me anymore. If you are healthy and happy, just cut the tags off and put them happily back in your closet.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    My only suggestion is perhaps a tailor to take your shirts in, or if you're sewing inclined, maybe do it yourself. Large chests run in my family, I'm short and run between a 34C and a 34D depending on my weight, and my mom mentioned a website called "mycurvyclothes" that sizes according to bust for a better fit.

There's also a similar line of clothes by Carissa Rose. Customized for larger chested women, and some pretty stuff :smile:
  • TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the size if you like it and you look good, then wear it.