Need breakfast ideas!!!

Options
I am looking for breakfast ideas under 300cal , whats yours? tks really appreciate it ^_^

Replies

• molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with your preferred toppings.
  • katesbeach
    katesbeach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I second oatmeal! Make it with water instead of milk to save on some calories, and add fruit or whatever you want! I always add cinnamon. Egg beaters or egg whites are also a good choice.
  • bet3120
    bet3120 Posts: 125
    Options
    Smothies, oatmeal pancakes, egg broiled ,granola and greek yogurt
  • SusiDMM
    Options
    Kale smoothie: 1 c kale leaves, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c milk, 1/4 c Quaker Old Fashioned rolled oats, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 tsp agave nectar, ice
  • Gilligan11
    Gilligan11 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs, sometimes I put them in a small whole wheat wrap. I prefer cooked on the stove but if you have a time crunch then scramble in a tall tupperware and nuke for around 1 minute.
  • rynomite57
    rynomite57 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Half a bagel topped with a two egg whites, scrambled. Usually with a pinch of shredded cheese on top and melted. Great with things like spinach or tomato. Served like an open faced sandwich.
  • worshiptheking148
    Options
    Kale smoothie: 1 c kale leaves, 1/2 banana, 1/2 c milk, 1/4 c Quaker Old Fashioned rolled oats, 1 tsp peanut butter, 1/2 tsp agave nectar, ice
    Im gonna have to try that , but what in the world are kale leaves? 0_o
  • robmcd88
    robmcd88 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean Ham Breakfast Skillets make 4 servings at 280 calories per serving and I find it pretty filling. If you shop at Aldi their version of the same thing has the same calories and prep.
  • wendyj910
    wendyj910 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a slice of whole wheat toast topped with peanut butter and a glass OJ...it comes out to just over 200 cal.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    You can make an egg sandwich in about 3 minutes and keep it at or below 300 calories.

I usually use two eggs, a 100 calorie sandwich thin and a half ounce of cheese. 140 for the eggs, 100 for the sandwich thin and 35 for the cheese puts you at 275.

I put the open sandwich thin on an oven-safe plate, sprinkle the cheese over it and pop that into the toaster oven. Let that heat up to toast the bread/melt the cheese while I cook the eggs. Pull the bread/cheese out of the toaster oven, put the eggs on top and transfer to a cool plate.
  • Toyah35
    Toyah35 Posts: 13
    Options
    Every morning I have either oatmeal w/water or 2 eggs scrambled and microwave for a min and 10 seconds..
  • stegs1983
    Options
    I always have over-night oats...
    1/2 cup old fashioned oats (uncoocked)
    1/2 cup skim milk or whatever you like
    1/2 cup yogurt, I use dannon light and fit strawberry
    Then I add some fresh or frozen unsweetened fruit to it.
    Combine and refridgerate overnight...in the morning you're good to go for around 300 calories. Totally yummy!
  • mamaflomo
    mamaflomo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make homemade Egg McMuffins...it is both filling and delicious!

It is just an English Muffin, one egg (nuked), 1/2 piece of ham, 1 slice of cheddar cheese... this runs anywhere from 248 to 329 calories for me, depending on what brands I use.

I have been doing this a lot lately, and we've tried 3 different English Muffins and the calories have varied quite a bit. I also just discovered Sargento Ultra Thin cheese slices, so that is only 45 calories now.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    bacon and eggs
  • MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Yogurt + granola + dried fruit and/or nuts. That's my go-to breakfast.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I also make a homemade egg mcmuffin.

1 Healthy Life Reduced Sodium Wheat english muffin - 80 calories
    1 fried egg - 92 calories
    1 thin slice of deli ham (I get the of the bone stuff from walmart) - 20 calories
    1 kraft single - 60 calories

Total: 252 calories. Super yummy and filling!
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    I made scrambled eggs in the microwave (no butter, less fat & calories), 2 eggs is about 140 calories. Add toppings and a beverage. :drinker:
    Good luck!
  • kristinav2012
    kristinav2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    egg whites, ham slices and lowfat shredded cheese. stick the eggs in a cup or bowl, microwave for a min or so, then throw in the cheese and ham and cook for another min or two. it puffs up and feels very substantial, eat with half whole grain english muffin or somthing similar
  • shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I like to have egg beaters with veggies of your choice thrown in. I like peppers, onion, tomato, spinach, etc. I will also make an Al Fresco Chicken sausage in the Apple flavor which tastes very much like maple and is a breakfast sausage. Yum and the stats for the whole meal is great!
  • wanda9501
    wanda9501 Posts: 114
    Options
    Breakfast Burrito
    1 scrambled egg (stove top or microwave) 70
    1 tortilla (wheat or flour)----check calorie on bag 100
    1 piece of bacon (pork or turkey) 35
    1/2 slice of American cheese 35
    salsa for dipping 20
    approx total 260