Do I have D.I.D.?

Options
gingerjen7
gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
I was reading a thread and noticed the same old blah blah blah from one poster who always makes me roll my eyes. I decided that rather than strain my eye muscles, I would just ignore this person. So I click on "Ignore User" and it pops up saying "You can't ignore your own posts." WHA???? I had no idea that I've been posting stuff that's so annoying to me all over MFP. It's really amazing, though, that MFP would know that even though the user name and picture is different from mine, that it's me. And now the worst part is, I tried ignoring other people and it turns out that they are all me too. Or I am them. I am everybody! My mind is blown.

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Wait.
    What?
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    You see the things you hate in yourself through others? MPF is a strange strange world haha
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Hmmm. It worked just fine when I ignored you.
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Of course it does, because I'm the only one that's real. You're just a figment of my ill mind. Probably nothing in the world around you is real; I probably made all that up too. Or maybe the world around you is real, but the people in it aren't. Or maybe the other people are and just you aren't. I'm not really sure; I've never been mentally ill before. Or maybe I have and I just didn't know it.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Well I just have to say that we agree with us
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Can't we talk about linear algebra or vector calculus or John Cage versus Frank Zappa instead of this wierd intellectual stuff you come up with?
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Dissociative identity disorder is extremely extremely extremely rare. Hense extremely.

However, MFP has it's ways ;)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Don't you know...

We aren't real... we are just figments of Brett's imagination!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    None of this is real...it is all a dream within a dream...Inception style...
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I call dids on being the id!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm from the dark side of your imagination.

you know the side you always visit but never admit to it.
  • SammyPacks
    SammyPacks Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    o_o
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    Can't we talk about linear algebra or vector calculus or John Cage versus Frank Zappa instead of this wierd intellectual stuff you come up with?
    Are you saying I didn't come up with linear algebra?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that D.I.D. didn't have to be Defence in Depth.
    I do know

MFP is an education. I nearly didn't come. I'm glad I did.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    So before this goes any further, do you believe in loop quantum gravity or string theory??
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    How long is the piece of string?
  • gingerjen7
    Options
    So before this goes any further, do you believe in loop quantum gravity or string theory??
    The only "quantum" this personality knows about it Quantum Leap. But I don't believe in dinosaurs and I do believe that osteoporosis is just evolution preparing us to fly (you know, because birds have hollow bones), if that helps.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaqnPpXGSWPaYjcwG_Zjov7DlSK4TVHLFEGh3Yp4ts1edEpow5
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I was reading a thread and noticed the same old blah blah blah from one poster who always makes me roll my eyes. I decided that rather than strain my eye muscles, I would just ignore this person. So I click on "Ignore User" and it pops up saying "You can't ignore your own posts." WHA???? I had no idea that I've been posting stuff that's so annoying to me all over MFP. It's really amazing, though, that MFP would know that even though the user name and picture is different from mine, that it's me. And now the worst part is, I tried ignoring other people and it turns out that they are all me too. Or I am them. I am everybody! My mind is blown.

It is because you are a ginger, therefore you have no soul...duh.
  • TDub83
    TDub83 Posts: 21
    Options
    Of course it does, because I'm the only one that's real. You're just a figment of my ill mind. Probably nothing in the world around you is real; I probably made all that up too. Or maybe the world around you is real, but the people in it aren't. Or maybe the other people are and just you aren't. I'm not really sure; I've never been mentally ill before. Or maybe I have and I just didn't know it.

INCEPTION THEME MUSIC