+1
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    When I go to sleep.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    When I'm done. Sometimes it's around 7am, sometimes it's 9pm, sometimes it's right before I brush my teeth and go to bed. Just depends on the day.
  • LoriBeMe
    LoriBeMe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    7 or 8 is the latest that I'll have my evening snack. After that, it's water, water, water, water then bed. After I get to sleep, it's bathroom, bathroom, bathroom, bathroom!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    When I fall asleep at night.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    When ever I'm asleep! If I am still in my calorie range I don't have a stop time.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Never. I'm always eating.
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Nights I don't work, about 10:00 pm (dark chocolate, almond milk, or something of the like) and nights I work I do until 11:30pm and find something to snack on before I go to bed because I'm always hungry after a 5 hour shift on my feet in a kitchen.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Full'oclock

+1
    + another 1. My normal dinner time is 8:30-9:30.
  • vetty41
    vetty41 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It really depends, if I'm hungry I will have a snack. I don't go to bed until 10pm or so, so not eating after 5pm would be really difficult for me.
  • flowersofdawn
    flowersofdawn Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It depends on many factors. Sometimes I eat right up to the time I go to bed. Sometimes 2 hours before bed, sometimes 5 hours before bed.

I find that if my day isn't excessively busy or long I can be done with meals around 3pm when I'm done with work. However, if you work-out later in the afternoon or in the evening you should try and replenish your lost fluids and give back to your body a little.

I tend to have a small glass of juice or milk substitute like coconut milk if its really late and I'm heading straight to bed but my stomach is talking. There are other nights I eat late but try not to make it a heavy meal if my activity is going to be nil. Personally, when I ran late due to rehearsals for the play I was in I would take a snack with me, eat it around 830pm, be home by 1030pm and go to bed. No rehearsal means less activity and thus a glass of milk/juice/water before bed if I need it.

So perhaps listen to your body on days when you're less/more active and it will guide you to how late into that day you "should" eat.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I stop eating when I run out of calories! :laugh:
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    i usually stop eating between 4 and 5...but today im done eating at about 2..what time do you all stop eating?

When I was in a calorie deficit I stopped at 7pm, then 3 or 5pm, but only because I had enough calories for the day. It really doesn't matter when you stop eating, all that matters is a calorie deficit. But for me I found the longer fast before breakfast helped with the weight loss only because I was eating within a smaller "eating window" which simply helped me keep within calorie budget.

Now that I'm maintaining I've sort of evolved to a different pattern although it wasn't necessarily planed this way, I eat until almost bed time and head right to the gym in the morning before eating, so end up not eating until noon. Again the smaller eating window allows me to more easily stay within my calorie budget for maintenance.

There are studies that show HGH is produced in the body 15-24 hours into a 24 hour fast, as well as heading to the gym and working out with a longer than 4 hour fast. HGH provides many benefits to the body including weight loss (metabolism). Who cares if it's the HGH or the process of keeping within calorie budget, if the thought of HGH motivates you to stick with it makes it work?

Have fun with the journey.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating before I go to bed (10-11pm). I don't know, it doesn't seem to make a difference to my weight loss and I kind of like having a late snack :)
  • LiliWray
    LiliWray Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I try to stop eating before 8 or so, but if I'm hungry or wanting a snack, I eat in moderation.
    Actually, now that I think of it, I try to eat around 7, because it's hard for me to go to bed on a totally empty stomach.
  • angelatolomeo
    Options
    I usually stop after dinner around 6pm, but if I do my 1 hour walk and I'm really hungry I will sometimes have a low calorie snack around 8 or 9pm.
  • kaileym_91
    kaileym_91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try to stop eating an hour before bed time. It was recommended to me to have an ounce of cheddar cheese right before bed if any calories remain. It helps regulate blood sugar overnight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Right before bed. Bedtime snacks are the best!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I try to stop eating an hour before bed time. It was recommended to me to have an ounce of cheddar cheese right before bed if any calories remain. It helps regulate blood sugar overnight.

I don't think I could just eat a chunk of cheese by itself...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

I don't think I could just eat a chunk of cheese by itself...

You aren't eating the right cheese. ;)