I do not like yogurt...what else is there?

Options
Hi, I do not like yogurt. The smell, the taste.....makes me gag.
What else can I eat, or take that will have the same effects as yogurt does???? Any suggestions??? Thank you!

Replies

• Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Depends what effects from yogurt you want.

If it's protein you want, have some meat, beans or eggs.
    If it's probiotics you want, have a yakult.
  • damccoll
    Options
    It is the probiotics I am after..... I will look into yakult.. Thanks!!!
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    there's also pills w/ probios
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you need probiotics, there is a pill called Align. It is available over the counter.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Apparently, fermented foods of all kinds are good. You can make your own fermented vegetables. I haven't done it myself but have read a little about it on Dr. Mercola's website. He also promotes kefir instead of yogurt.

I don't eat yogurt very often either, but I do like it. If I could find a full fat variety at my local stores, I would be eating it. I can make my own but since the quality of the milk is crap, the yogurt will be as well.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Quark.

Petit Suisse.

Chèvre.

Have fun.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    there is some greek yogurt out there that i so not like, but most of the others i do!
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I used to hateee yogurt. The way it looked and tasted. I started eatting it with fruits like bananas and strawberries. More fruit so the yogurt just kind of coated each piece. I slowly began to like it but not alone. After joining mfp I realized how bad for me the particular yogurt I was eatting was and switched to a Greek variety. && I absolutely love it and eat it like twice a day by itself. I've taught myself to eat a lot of things I used to hate.
  • persephone87
    persephone87 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Apparently Yakult is just the stuff they take out of milk before they sell it, its basically unpasteurised milk.

Greek yoghurt with honey is sexy over banana's or fruit, even some cereal.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can make a shake w/ fruit or something w/ kefir. :smile:
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    There's a probiotic powder that you can buy to mix with water, very low calorie.
    I like yogurt better than that mix, though.
  • jkimmett
    jkimmett Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think you should try it in a shake. If you put a little fat free greek yogurt, a little sweetener and some frozen fruit, it blends up just like ice cream. Yummy, even the kids love it.
  • damccoll
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Some great tips!!!!!
  • GlutesthatSalute
    GlutesthatSalute Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    There are probiotic pills you can by at health food store..I would recommend buying the one that are kept in the refridgerator section bc these are live active cultures ( called Acidophilus) to name one. You can also get the live active cultures from Sauerkruat and some cottage cheeses.

a good website that details the benefits of ACidophilus is http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-acidophilus.htm

Good luck =)