Vomitting up multivitamin tablet??? HELP

Options

Replies

• dlg1467
    dlg1467 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Yep, I throw up Multivitamins too. Definitely need to take with a bigger meal and take it at the end. Try a different brand, sometimes that makes a difference for me. If they are not gel capsules, try taking half with lunch or breakfast and half at dinner.
    Don't worry about tracking the meal you threw up.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I can NEVER take the pill version, I always throw it up. Even during pregnancy. I take the gummies.
    Maybe it will help. Good luck.
  • 126siany
    126siany Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I haven't had this issue myself, but have seen it pretty frequently on the boards. I take Centrum chewable and have no problems.

Taking it about an hour after eating helps some folks. And make it a real meal, with carbs, protein and fats.
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Try adult gummy bear multivitamins :-)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Chances are, it is the Iron in it that makes you nauseous. I can't keep them down for 10 minutes either..... Now I take a multi vitamin with no iron, then a separate Iron supplement for sensitive stomachs (Vitron-C). Nausea is a really common side effect with Iron...
  • nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, I appreciate your replies! I will give it another go, but man, not a good way to start off my day!
    I will try over the weekend with lunch or dinner meals which are usually larger.

Thanks so much!!
  • samlankford
    Options
    I have to have something that makes me feel full before I can take them... I can't even drink tea on an expty stomach, I will yack my brains out... try taking it at night or maybe 20 mins after eating a filling meal...
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i take adult once-a-day vitacrave gummies... you take two of them per day and i always take them after breakfast. no issues here and i've been on them for three months :)
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with pill vitamins too. I finally found one that doesn't do that to me. I order it online. I think its called New Chapter Women's Once Daily. I'm surprised it doesn't make me sick considering I have to cut the dose of chewables, including Flinstones, in half to keep from getting sick.
  • JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what time of day, or when I take a multivitamin with iron, it won't stay down. I switched to vitafusion for women, gummy vitamins and I don't have any problems at all.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Is this a prescribed multi? If not try a liquid vitamin, one step prowellness makes one. I'm allergic to every thing but have no problems with theirs.
  • Ivy_leaves
    Ivy_leaves Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    This used to happen to me. I started taking the adult gummy vitamins and it solved the problem. They have less good stuff from what I've seen, but not by much. Might be worth it to try. (:
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    They make me sick, too. If I ate them at the same time as breakfast or immediately after, they would hit my stomach first and I'd hurl or get super nauseated. If I took them about an hour after eating it was better. Taking them at night was better still. Now I take the gummies and I don't have to worry about it. But if you want to at least get some use out of the bottle you bought, try giving your stomach a chance to digest the food you ate before you take them.
  • mitziann2012
    mitziann2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. After trying many different brands, I decided to try one made from food. Found Rainbow Light Women's vitamins. These I can take with breakfast without a problem.
  • libbygrammer
    libbygrammer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can't keep them down either - esp the ones with iron. But iron is a vital element for women, so you don't want to skip it if you don't have to. Be sure you have filled your stomach first, then take it. Or try taking it with lunch mid-day if that meal is a bit bigger (or dinner, etc.). I have figured out that I must finish the last bite of eggs or cereal or whatever, drink a big glass of water, and THEN take the vitamin. I keep it down just fine that way. But if I take it just before eating, or take it while eating, I get barfy. Very important that my tummy is full!!
  • Mom2QJandT
    Mom2QJandT Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are held together with cellulose, which, if you are allergic (like me), then you will vomit. As a side note I can also not tolerate raw onion or celery due to the cellulose in them. I can take chewables or liquid vitamins and did when I was pregnant each time. It's not an answer that I saw, but sorry if it is a repeat.
  • bonitacubana
    Options
    happens to me too but I've never let the naseau get the best of me. I hold back like that pill is worth a million dollars lol.
    Normally taking with food helps me too.
    I'd vote to track your food still because it digested but I could be wrong.

On a side note I do hear a lot of ppl saying multivitamins arent necessary - I think it might be a placebo effect for me then, I just FEEL better and notice my hair and nails growing so much from taking one. Just my 2 cents!
  • dare2begin
    dare2begin Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My daughter has a hard time swallowing vitamins. They make adult gummie vitamins now. Maybe try those, but I would also call your physician as well.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't take multivitamins anymore. There's no point. If I'm deficient in something, I can take something or adjust my diet for that one item, but I don't need to take a giant pill that has all sorts of stuff in it.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It's probably just because your meal was too small. You need to take them with a decent sized meal to avoid getting sick.

I like children's vitamins better.