Just weighed in and sadly crying like a baby

Options
124»

Replies

• Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    All I can say is congratulations on your tremendous progress and accomplishments. You have absolutely changed your life and probably the lives of your closest family members. You're an inspiration to all of us here on MFP, including me.

Good luck going forward but just keep chugging along. You can do it.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal."
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have been on my journey to health since March 3 and have moved through my weight loss loosing 92lbs to date. When I stepped on the scale this a.m. my weight was up four pounds. (I haven't deviated from my food plan and although been exercising irregularly--not everyday as I should but every other day).

I know how hard it's going to be to re-loose those four pounds and it has just devastated me. I'm so, so sad and depressed.

Since I always try to be positive...I am proud that I'm not going to food to find solace.

But, I can't stop crying.....

ohoh :sad: ...sooo sorry to hear that, i sincerely feel yopur pain.... but look at the good job u've done so far, so dont be too discouraged, keep focused and keep up the great work :)
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    I have been on my journey to health since March 3 and have moved through my weight loss loosing 92lbs to date. When I stepped on the scale this a.m. my weight was up four pounds. (I haven't deviated from my food plan and although been exercising irregularly--not everyday as I should but every other day).

I know how hard it's going to be to re-loose those four pounds and it has just devastated me. I'm so, so sad and depressed.

Since I always try to be positive...I am proud that I'm not going to food to find solace.

You've lost 92lbs. NINETY TWO .

Look in the mirror.
    Go look at your before pictures.
    Go look at the clothes you used to wear that don't even come close to fitting properly anymore.

And when you're done doing that, pull yourself together.

You got this.

Amazing. And DITTO. My heart goes out to the OP, keep the faith!!
  • Kendi_Alyssa
    Options
    First of all, a pound of fat is what, 3500 cals approximately? If you didn't overeat even by that much, let alone 4 pounds worth, then it could be water retention from sodium. Or it could be that you're eating too little? Someone else who mentioned your diary said you're netting 800 cals, I've been around 1200 most days and I'm still losing weight, so even though it's probably not easy to hear this, you could try eating a little bit more a few days a week, like going up to 1100 or 1200, and see if that helps.

Ultimately you have to look at those pounds and realize that if you didn't pig out like crazy then there's no way those pounds are something you did wrong. I suggest trying to shake things up a bit, eat different amounts on different days (calorie cycling), try new exercises or even give yourself a few days rest from exercise. Just try something new. I am by no means a medical expert, but I do know that I've tried a few of the things I've mentioned and it helped me a bit when I'd hit a plateau.

And another thing.... 92 pounds! That's INCREDIBLE! Don't let a small bump in the road get you down, you've made amazing progress. I hope that one day I can say that I've lost almost as much weight as you have. I'm sure I'm not the only one, there are plenty of people who would hear that significant weight loss and be inspired. So just don't sweat it and keep up the good work!

If the 4 pounds is really bothering you that much, try going to see a medical professional or maybe a personal trainer. They would probably be able to pinpoint the source of the weight gain better than I can, lol XD Good luck!
  • danibrnshug
    Options

You've lost 92lbs. NINETY TWO .

Look in the mirror.
    Go look at your before pictures.
    Go look at the clothes you used to wear that don't even come close to fitting properly anymore.

And when you're done doing that, pull yourself together.

You got this.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Support and positive vibes....................
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at your diary, but read what others have said...if you are under 800 calories, you need to eat more! I platueaed (I am sure I spelled that wrong!) once when I was on the 1,200 and 2 pounds a week plan and I increased my calories to almost 1,400 plus I eat back half my exercise calories and I started losing 1.5 a week. The body needs fuel...feed it.

That being said, my scale can go up and down from day to day. I used to stress about that. I don't anymore. I am 50 pounds less than I was in February when I started. 50! If it happens to be 46 pounds one day instead of 50...it's still good! You, on the other hand, are down 90 pounds in 7 1/2 months! That's amazing! Don't lose sight of the big picture! And don't stress...that plays havoc with the weight as well. Just keep exercising and eat some more!

Good job and good luck!