Sneakers

Options
Do you have a favourite pair of sneakers for working out?

Replies

• ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What are you going to be doing? I love, love, LOVE my asics for running - I over-pronate and they fixed my knee pain right up, but for weight lifting I just wear a pair of converse. I found that anything else prevented me from getting my hips far back enough to do a proper deadlift or squat.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting : fire engine red chucks
    running and crossfit : brooks pure connect
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Merrel Pace Glove.
  • raejay621
    Options
    I exercise best barefoot if I'm doing cardio. If I'm doing strength training then I have a pair of Nikes that I wear. i don't know what kind they are. They're black and pink and I hate sneakers, that's why I have no clue what kind they are.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I need something better for on the treadmill. I love my Nikes but I need to replace them and I haven't really tried any other brands.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Nope.

13574578_4542.jpg
  • Jes_ika
    Jes_ika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of nikes right now but I love asics my dog ate them :( They are way better than nike!!
  • PamelaKuz
    PamelaKuz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I was having terrible foot pain the first month I started working out, I went to Running Room and they got me to walk around and they looked at how my feet were shaped. Turns out I have a very low arch. They helped me pick a pair, they are Asics gel 1170. It took a few days of wearing them before the pain went away, but wow! Now my feet feel great! I can go until I drop, no pain at all.
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    ASICS Phoenix gel 4 for running and my New Balance cross-trainers for everything else. I have Nike sneakers, but they just don't feel right when working out... which is odd since I used to live in them as a kid and playing basketball back in the day
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    If you will be running/walking, go to a good running store to be fitted. I was fitted in Asics. My new loves are Vibram fivefingers, especially when I'm lifting. I felt my feet rolling forward in my running shoes when lifting, so got the Vibrams. Now every part of my foot is gripping the floor for a sturdy base.
  • citygirl04
    citygirl04 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I've never tried Asics but it seems to be what everybody likes. Thx guys. :)
  • iampam4399
    iampam4399 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was about to post the exact same question. I desperately need some new sneakers, going to be walking. My Nike and my Reebok hurt my feet. I have A LOT of weight to lose (I know this will help my foot pain too) but I am using this as an excuse to not get any exercise. I have got to get rid of these "excuses" so that I have no choice but to actually do it and get it done!!! I will look into some Asics this weekend. but I can't spend a million dollars on a pair of sneakers.
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    heavy lifting : fire engine red chucks
    running and crossfit : brooks pure connect

Agree. I love my brooks for running.
  • legaline
    legaline Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i had a similar question--i already have running shoes but will be doing cross fit several times a week. any shoe recommendations for lifting/cross training?