What does your "day off" look like

Options
Just wondering if a day off from exercise is a lazy couch potato day for people or if they just cross train. My days off are yoga days or hiking days. Just curious...

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Watching football, drinking beer and eating
  • GodzillaR35
    GodzillaR35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Watching football, drinking beer and eating

this
  • loliblullama
    loliblullama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Last time I tried to get healthy it was a total coach potato day, but I find that totally blows my motivation for the next day so I try to keep busy with something gentle like swimming or pilates :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just normal household chores and errands, sometimes a long walk/hike with the dog and/or husband.
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Since I don't have days off very often, for me when I do it usually means no exercise. I catch up on work, errands, laundry, etc. Then if there's extra time I might lounge on the couch or watch a movie.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a day off for me and usually i walk to school- only takes 30mins there and back but carrying about 20lbs.
    But yesterday i took it really easy, I drove to school since stayed at b/f place and slept in between classes so didn't end up eating anything till about 3PM then i had pasta, piece of chocolate cake, order of chicken bites w/ hot sauce (8 small pieces) then half a bottle of skinnybooze. I was probably in the 2500calorie range.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I do the stuff I didn't have time for on the days I worked out. Housework, quilting, hanging with the kids...
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I don't have a day off, so I have no idea what it looks like. 7 days a week here :) I'm assuming we are talking about exercise & not actual paid working days...cause that would mean I have 7 days a week off from work.... like paid work.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Sundays (my day off) include, currently a North and South mini-series marathon with my mom (Patrick Swayze in his hayday), cleaning, and walking my dog. Sometimes if I feel lazy I'll do more cardio, but usually since the weather has been decent I take my puggle on a walk.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Off days are me, Hulu/Netflix, stuffed pasta with mascato alfredo sauce, and the rest of the mascato that I didn't use in the sauce! My "off" days are often my "ME" days too so I treat myself really well!
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My "day off" usually consists of yardwork (push mower, weedeating etc), household chores (cleaning and laundry) and sometimes grocery shopping. I don't really consider it a "day off" and usually log my activities the same as if I went to the gym.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    A lot of times I usually use "Off Days" as "Ab Days". When I do take the day off from exercising I usually just go about business as usual (minus working out of course)
  • sdmomof2
    sdmomof2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I jog or walk 5-6 days a week. I usually schedule a day off if I know I'm busy with the kids' activities or if I am going to be gone for the day.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Days off from exercise mean clearing out the DVR with the hubby or reading. Both while curled up on the couch with my cat.

My cross-training is built into my schedule when I'm actually training for something. My days off are actual days off. My body loves the rest and it makes the workouts when I go back the next day even better.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Lately, my days off have just been lighter forms of exercise or a little bit of strength training or a little bit of both. I noticed that while I like cardio and can do it (though not always well) it sucked for me that I couldn't even do one push-up, so if I don't have a cardio day, I'll go for a swim or do yoga and work on my upper body strength. Haven't really busted out the heavy weights, but baby steps with planks and being able to hold myself up and I'm not able to do 3 full-on, on my toes not my knees push ups! Next week, I hope to be able to do 5 :)
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    laying around reading a book. but still staying withing my calorie goal (not laying around with a bag of potato chips or anything like that)
  • alaliberte
    Options
    Days off from exercise mean clearing out the DVR with the hubby or reading. Both while curled up on the couch with my cat.

My cross-training is built into my schedule when I'm actually training for something. My days off are actual days off. My body loves the rest and it makes the workouts when I go back the next day even better.

Right, I get that...so hard to do but so good for the body!