Weight loss by Hypnosis

Options
I was wondering if anyone else has tried it and what the results were.

I have a success story with Hypnosis, have lost approx. 36lbs, 14lb from my goal. It has taken me over a year and i have redone the hypnosis about three times. They tease me at work because I use a hypnosis app from my iPhone. But whatever works right!

Replies

• vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I tried hypnosis many years ago to help me eat what I was supposed to, unfortunately it didn't last. At a later time I tried again and the hypnotist said it might not work as I had so many stressful things happening at the time, he was correct, it didn't have any effect. I haven't tried again but would like to.
    I have always wondered how self hypnosis works and if it works, might just check out that iphone app.
  • eeg214
    eeg214 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Interesting--- bump!
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    If it helps you stay focused on your goals, keep at it! Congrats on finding something that works for you. Let the teasers tease while they watch you achieve those goals.
  • AliciaAnne1984
    Options
    I'm a clinical hypnotherapist and I think hypnotherapy for weight loss for most people isn't the solution. The reason for this is that more often than not, expectations are out of line with the reality of the process.

Hypnotherapy is an excellent tool for anxiety, stress, phobias, self confidence and more but it isn't a magic wand that will suddenly have you change all of your bad habits and gain a desire be healthy.

Hypnotherapy for weight loss is a lengthy process (like any therapy). Having said that, one of the many benefits of seeing a hypnotherapist to deal with your 'issues' (for lack of a better word), is that as you work through them, you have better coping mechanisms and feel better about yourself which naturally leads to healthier practices in all aspects of your life.

Long story short, it isn't the quick fix many people expect it to be.