women getting a sweat on at the gym

Options

Replies

• jessicalynn75
    jessicalynn75 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I sweat like crazy especially during my jogs! I'm talking the whole front of my shirt down to by navel drenched! My hair looks like I just showered!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't really sweat that much during my workouts... *shrug* I sweat a little bit but not enough to really even see. And I don't just walk on the treadmill fluffing my hair either lol!
  • fitgal666
    Options
    I work out on the treadmill pretty hard at the gym so I know i'm going to sweat a lot. I find that the right kind of gym attire makes a big difference. For example, I used to wear cotton shirts to the gym since I liked the comfort but those shirts get soaked pretty easily. I then tried polyester "dri fit" shirts and those were lighter and wicked away sweat better but they were never that comfortable and also used to stink after using them. A friend of mine then introduced me to "bamboo shirt" from Singlo Sport http://singlosport.com/products-page/
    At first I thought to myself "bamboo really?" But let me say that these shirts are really comfortable and very good at hiding sweat. I would recommend these to anyone who works out.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    My view is if your not sweating your not working out hard enough. Forget about those "I don't sweat when I work out cuz I wore makeup and did my hair to go to the gym" types, when your looking awesome and they're still doing the same lame elliptical they always do, you'll be happy you sweated so much :)

Wait, what's wrong with the elliptical? I sweat tons when I'm on it. It isn't ALL I do, but definitely the main source of my cardio!
  • SexyGenessa
    Options
    I sweat alot but I work hard, lifting weights
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Hide sweat? Why on earth would I try to hide it? I wear light gray t-shirts just because they show the sweat so well! I've earned every drop!

My only problem is when I'm doing kickboxing or Combat --- my sweat is in little puddles all around me and it can get slippery some times. I have to be careful. :cry: <--- I am NOT crying... lol
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a few people at the gym on auto pilot going through the motions and not sweating but not me!! I'm a sweaty hot mess!
  • BSchoberg
    BSchoberg Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    At my wonderful stage of life, I can suddenly break into a drenching sweat when I sitting doing nothing...

Oh yeah... this, too. Sucks.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I wear my soaking sweat stained spots with pride. Yes, I'm that red faced, panting girl.

Lol. Me too! I am definitely not a very "attractive" work-outter lol.
  • SexyGenessa
    Options
    Well thats reassuring haha, cheers ladies :p there is nothin more annoying than seein someone with a face plastered with nakeup and perfect hair at the gym! Not what you should be,there for

Well, I'm the annoying one...I don't sweat a lot when I work out even when I push myself and if I go to the gym after work I have my make-up and hair done.

I usually have make-up on too cause I'm coming from work.

sometimes I wear makeup but not always, it sweats off tho
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Id say im in fairly good shape but ive noticed that compared to other women at the gym, i sweat a hell of alot more! By the end of my workout i always have sweat patches on m y back and abs.rarely see other women breaking a sweat! Just wondered about other peoples experiences

Everyone is different. I sweat more with cardio, but some of my weight routines can cause a lot as well. You really want to be working hard enough to sweat, as long as it isn't cardio alone.

Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the good work. :)
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I sweat like a fat guy in a gym.. Oh wait
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Id say im in fairly good shape but ive noticed that compared to other women at the gym, i sweat a hell of alot more! By the end of my workout i always have sweat patches on m y back and abs.rarely see other women breaking a sweat! Just wondered about other peoples experiences

It just means you're kicking more *kitten* than they are. :wink:

Don't worry about. I sweat worse than most dudes I know.

< See sweaty profile pic.. :laugh:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Sweat is not a accurate indicator of effort. Some people just dont sweat as much. I run with tons of people who are way more fit and run as hard or harder than I who sweat less or not at all. Same with working out at the gym

My husband jokes that I sweat if I think too hard. I am also one of those red faced, hair soaked dripping people. It used to bother me but I have embraced it. People still comment on it sometimes.

ETA - I sti secretly curse those women who can run, and win, the race and still look fresh as a daisy.
  • Squiggs67
    Squiggs67 Posts: 178
    Options
    I am soaked...all over!! It's healthy and cleansing. Be proud of it.
  • CymruBiology
    Options
    I hardly sweat. I look like I've done around five jumping jacks rather than been on a treadmill for an hour.
  • pt85
    pt85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wear dark color gym clothes that don't show the soak.

Unless you need to show everybody how hard you are working?

I do sometimes enjoy looking at the nice/interesting patterns they make!:happy:

Glad to hear, when you are at gym that you are not just socializing and chatting like I do.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I don't sweat a whole lot either no matter what I am doing. I do get a super red face though. LOL I was in hot yoga next to this guy once and he had sweat just DRIPPING off of him, even the tip of his nose. Same class, some poses, different amount of sweat. I think everyone is just different. My husband sweats a lot, even just fast walking around the block with me.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I sweat a heap - its kind of gross at times, but I figure it shows that Ive worked my butt off.

It doesnt matter what the temperature is I sweat the same.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    If I have to peel my shirt off after a workout, Its been ok. If the shirt comes off too easy, I haven't worked hard enough.