Vomitting up multivitamin tablet??? HELP

Options
13»

Replies

• Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I take the adult gummy vitamins! Tablets make me sick too!
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Try eating back your exercise cals if you are feeling tired etc.
  • Amayrial
    Amayrial Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I find when vitamins make me nauseated taking them right at bed time makes it better. or as other have said, get the yummy gummies :)
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    like others have already suggested try finding a gummy vitamin. They have adult ones. They usually dont have iron so they work great. I have even taken mines on an empty stomach.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Even if I take my multivitamin with food in the morning, I still get terribly nauseous. I have started cutting my pill in half to have with my breakfast and that seems to work a lot better for me. I figure half is better than nothing.

And yes, some of us have vitamin deficiency issues and need a daily multivitamin. Even with a perfect diet.:flowerforyou:
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I can't take mine in the morning either - even with food it makes me nauseous. So I take it at night before I go to bed. Even if I haven't had an evening snack it doesn't bother me.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    this used to happen to me because i took it first thing after waking. now i eat breakfast, then get ready, then take it. i also swtiched brands which seemed to help.

at first i thought i had morning sickness, i was very relived to know it was just the vitamins lol
  • BrockNRoll
    BrockNRoll Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Multivitamins make me sick also so I take them at night when I go to bed. I typically fall asleep very quickly and they don't make me sick that way. Just a thought :)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have problems with multi-vitamins too. I find that Nature Made Multi for Her in the Liquid soft-gels doesn't bother me at all. I need one with Iron as I typically don't get quite enough from food sources. I can even take this one at breakfast if I eat first. It's at the local grocery store and my pharmacy so easy to get. I tried a few other brand and this one is still the best for me.
  • emtb319
    emtb319 Posts: 87
    Options
    Stop taking that one and try another brand. I had the same problem with the Centrum vitamins. I switched to a generic and now I'm fine.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    And do I track my breakfast if I threw it up???
    I don't think it stuck around long enough to count.

May I ask, what was the multi? Some don't bother me at all but others are nasty.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Try taking it at night. Have a full meal and drink an entire glass of water or milk with it. Take your vitamin about 15 minutes later. The food/liquid will help it absorb better, and it won't be as harsh on your stomach. I have to do this with certain medications so I don't get nauseated.

Don't track your breakfast if you threw up five minutes later. It's unlikely you had time to absorb any nutrients through your small intestine. Since you did get sick, make sure you drink some extra water.

I hope you feel better soon and that you can find a vitamin that works for you.
  • pickledginger
    Options
    It might be the iron, then. Unless you are anemic, you may not need it. (And if you do ever need iron, the gluconate or succinate are supposed to be a *lot* easier to absorb, and keep down.)
  • JennKie1
    JennKie1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Zinc makes me really sick like that - even when I eat ahead of time. It's like the equivallent of having morning sickness. I have to avoid supplements that have a lot of it. I just try to get it from food. Honestly, I've heard that if you're eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, you shouldn't need to take vitamin supplements. But, I'm no expert by any means.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    You may need to try a different brand. Centrum gives me a bad stomach ache. Since you've probably got quite a few to go through, try just taking half and see if that helps.
  • LisaLouisiana
    LisaLouisiana Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I used to have major problems taking multivitamins, too. I was told that the GNC vitamins were of a higher quality and were less likely to do that to me. Over time, I found that I can easily take the one logged as "Gnc - Women's Ultra Mega Vitamins Without Iron and Iodine, 1 Caplets" and then I tried their "Gnc Women's Ultra Mega Energy and & Metabolism - Vitamins, 1 tablets", too. I can take the latter most days....I believe it's the Iron getting me. I do want the Iron and Iodine, so since both vitamins are two a day vitamins, I've settled upon taking one of each, one in the morning and then the other at night. That has worked really well for me. My husband, who also had a hard time taking multivitamins can take GNC's Mega Men's 50+ vitamins without a problem. We're firm believers that GNC's products are of higher quality than the cheap stuff from Walmart and our stomachs back that up for us.