So upset

Options
2»

Replies

• maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I wanted to say thank you . After reading all the posts I feel so much better someone said look at as 3 pounds each week. I thank you all again you made my day.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Usually the first week there is a lot of water weight lost. So, if that is leveling out, you still probably lost some weight in the second week. This isn't a sprint, it's a marathon! Just stick with it and you will get there.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    keep in mind too...

measurements > number on the scale

keep it up. dont ever quit. people fluctuate all the time. daunting, i know.
    forge ahead!
  • Valm0n
    Valm0n Posts: 88
    Options
    I lost 8 pounds during the first 2 weeks; now I barely lost 1 pound during the 6 last days. It still does an average loss of 3 pounds/week, and I know if I keep on I'll also keep losing weight :-)
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    The first week here...it's almost a given if you really stick to working out and eat better within your given calories...You will lose alot more...Do not be discourage...check your diary and tweek it some or add an extra little workout in there... This is a lifestyle and trust you will have time where you have to look to clothing or the measuring tape...You got this,,
  • Dona_Maria
    Dona_Maria Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is long term. You are expecting miracles overnight

Yeah, weight loss isn't magic, you'll plato, gain and lose it's all part of it. Give it time and continue on the road of health.
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is long term. You are expecting miracles overnight

First and best answer....Fitness is a lifestyle not an immediate change. Full transformations will take at least 12 wks.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    So far you're averaging 3 lbs/week, and you're asking what you're doing wrong? I'll tell you - you're making unreasonable expectations. 1-2 lbs per week will be your average weight loss if you do this in a sustainable way. Also, start eating consistently. Your daily intake is all over the place with some days as low as 500-some-odd calories intaken. Consistency is key. Set yourself up with a healthy sustainable lifestyle. That way there will be no stupid "diet" to "quit".
  • natassila
    natassila Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, I had a similar disappointing weight-loss journey. However, I didn't even have the initial drop off. It took me almost 4 whole weeks to lose even a fraction of a pound, but now I'm managing it better. Just don't stop. AND what helped me to get my weight loss to get moving was to step it up. I ramped up my work outs...A LOT. I went from burning maybe 150 to 200 calories most days to 400+ 6 out of 7 days a week. But no matter what, DON'T GIVE UP!!!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better. This is a journey. You realized you have a long way to go. In the past with fad diets you may have lost x number of pounds a week and then probably gained it back. This is about changing your lifestyle and being healthier. Don't be upset. The hard part is being honest about what you are eating and logging it in. Do you have a tape measure? Sometimes when you don't lose weight, you lose inches. We are all here to support you. Good luck.
  • bioniccheese
    Options
    In my 6th or 7th week and I've not dropped a pound this week despite a large deficit, it's a bit disheartening but I'm sure it's only momentary! Definitely agree with the average out your weight loss since you started and keep an eye on your measurements too, I checked mine last night and even though I hadn't lost weight this week, my measurements are down nicely.
  • bebop57
    Options
    I almost gave up last week because I didn't lose anything either. I was so discourage but realized I had hit a huge plateau! thank goodness it has started down again! weigh first thing in the morning right after you go potty! that is your actual weight according to my dr. Hang in there it will come off.
  • ahmpierce1
    ahmpierce1 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    So your average is 3 pounds a week? That's a really great start.

I see from your profile that you have 99 to lose. Having been there done that, let me give you this piece of advice right now:

Create a spreadsheet. Track your weekly losses on it. Calculate your averages.

You are going to have great weight loss weeks and weeks where you end up "gaining" a pound too.

The bottom line is that you have to look at long term averages, not short term losses.

You can have an amazing week nutrition and exercise-wise, and still end the week up a pound. Weight does not follow an exact pattern. Especially for women, we retain water for any number of reasons: hormonal, salt, carbs, heavy exercise. The scale does not reflect our body fat only.

Don't get discourage, just keep with the plan. It's discouraging to have a great week and see no reinforcement on the scale, but this is a long process. Do I care NOW, 134 pounds later, that I had weeks where I didn't lose a pound? Not a bit. I reached my goal by forging ahead even when I wasn't seeing the scale drop. It always does, eventually.

AMEN to this. I dig the positive vibes. :)
  • emarty29
    emarty29 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've made a commitment to myself not to weigh in until I reach 6 months. My reasoning is because I've been discouraged with myself constantly weighing in and expecting dramatic results. Hang in there.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Please put your scales away and concentrate on doing the right things; trust that your weight will go down. It will.

Weight loss never goes in a straight line down. It jumps up and down and flat-lines. In the past I've had weeks when I was absolutely perfect on my calories and exercise every single day and gained weight. I've also had weeks when I was over my calorie count nearly every day and exercised maybe a little bit or not at all and lost weight. It makes no sense at all, and I don't know why it works this way, but it does.

Just keep working your plan, and your plan will work for you. You might need to tweak things a little bit from time to time, and all the information you will ever need can be found right here.

(P.S. - I know how you feel; I truly do. I lost 9 pounds my first month of stopping the in-between meal snacks. Then I joined MFP and gained 2 pounds. I decided to put the scales away for a month and focus on my plan. Next weigh-in will be November 1.)
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The scale is evil.
    Use measurements instead and judge by your clothing and how it fits. Don't get too wrapped up in the number or it will drive you nuts when you don't see it move.
    I've not lost much "weight" but I've lost inches and to me that's more important.
  • FabMrFox
    FabMrFox Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is my two week way in but I could not wait and did it today. I am so upset because I did not lose anything and I have been so good. The first week I lost 6 pounds I am under my daily calories what am I doing wrong, This is when I quit a diet and I dont want to just so upset.

Do the math, there is no way you lost 6 pounds fo fat in one week. You were probably low on fluids on your final weigh in that week. I'd recomend weighing yourself every single day. That way you can get a feel for how your body weight fluctuates with your fluid status.

^this. I can alter my weigh in by 10lbs dehydrated to hydrated plus 32oz(2lbs) of water in mah belly in one day of long distance hiking in hot temps - AZ I never log my weight if I feel I'm dehydrated at all and will only log after averaging the past 7 days in a row of morning weigh ins. And yes I drink 2 liters of water when hiking but your body can only process/rehydrate so fast