PB2 Recipes

Options

Replies

• fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    No, we don't have anything like it in Europe either. We have whipped cream in an aerosol can though. I wonder if that's the same? It's pretty disgusting if I remember though :(

YES!!!! Thats the same stuff!!!!
    not the same...aresol whipped cream is still whipped cream cool whip added skim milk, and light cream in 2010, before that the only dairy like thing it contained was casein (milk protein) but it currently consists of mostly water, partially hydrogenated oils (palm and coconut I believe) and high fructose corn syrup, basically it's crap on top of crap, you're not missing out...flavor wise it tastes a bit like regular whipped cream if you add vanilla but less buttery.

cool whip is apparently a totally US thing. I have never seen anything like it in Europe either. The whipped cream in a aerosol can is same as here and nothing like cool whip. I tasted cool whip once - blech.....can so live without it........
  • uhhuthatsright
    uhhuthatsright Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jamimari777
    jamimari777 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!!! Now, when you say put it on a banana, apple etc, do you mean to sprinkle the powder on or reconstitute it first?? Havent tried it yet!! May be a stupid question!!!

I eat it in powder form - and may be addicted. I dip my popcorn into it.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    1 cup almond meal
    1/2 cup PB2
    4 Scoops Chocolate Whey Protein
    1/4 cup baking cocoa
    10 Splendas
    5 Egg Whites
    2 TBSP Olive Oil
    1 TBSP Baking Powder
    Salt
    Add water for consistency

Makes 12 protein Muffins

that sounds good! do you know the nutrional values for the muffins or where I can find the info?
    Thanks

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I want to say it is 165 Calories per muffin. 3 Carbs. 5 Fats. 16 Proteins
  • favrow812
    Options
    bump
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    No, we don't have anything like it in Europe either. We have whipped cream in an aerosol can though. I wonder if that's the same? It's pretty disgusting if I remember though :(

YES!!!! Thats the same stuff!!!!
    Thanks!

Cool whip does not come in a can. It comes in a container and can be scooped out like ice cream when frozen. It is DELICIOUS, never watery like that Reddi whip stuff that comes in a can. I hate that aerosol stuff but I eat Cool whip all the time :D
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use 1 Tbsp PB2 and 1/4 banana in my overnight oats. Makes mornings a happy time.
  • ercarnes
    ercarnes Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jennyrae719
    Options
    what is PB2 might I ask? :)
  • beelikethebug
    beelikethebug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Where can I get PB2 in Canada?
  • bernicem77
    bernicem77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I get mine from the low carb grocer website. They are in the Toronto area.
  • beelikethebug
    beelikethebug Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I got mine from Whole Foods in America—I bet they have them in the Whole Foods in Canada!
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options

you can order it online..ebay for ex
  • Morgenlstar
    Morgenlstar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I order my PB2 from amazon.com

Believe it or not I put it in my cereal! Honey Nut Cheerios and or Corn flakes.. Amazeballs! I have also mixed it into my protein shakes after my workouts. I also make peanut butter banana milkshakes with it using almond or skim milk and cool whip or frozen yogurt. Great with apples, celery, or bananas too.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    If you look up the wesite it has a 'locator' to tell you if a store near you sells it, otherwise you can order online. I found about 4 stores in my city that sell it, I didn't want to wait to give it a try.
    I bought the regular and the chocolate and mix them and eat on a bagel thin, in my smoothies, or on my apples.
  • Katmiller73
    Katmiller73 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I get mine from amazon.com. I use it in my slimfast shake with frozen banana and skim milk . On cereal sounds good!
  • bernicem77
    bernicem77 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I forgot to post the website where I get it in Canada: www.lowcarbgrocery.com
  • jaymei25
    Options
    I have tried it in about just everything. But it taste great in oatmeal.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I just got mine this week after another MFP friend recommended it. I simply love peanut butter and jelly sandwhiches and honestly it was killing me to eat them due to the high calories. When they told me about this I knew I had to try it. I love mine on low calorie wheat bread with a tiny bit of red raspberry preserves. I am going to try it in oatmeal but haven't yet. It takes a lot to make me like oatmeal but I try to eat some every week. Right now my favorite way to eat oatmeal is to add a tablespoon of pumpkin and some pumpkin pie spice and splenda brown sugar. I think this week I will add the PB2 with chocolate to it instead. If you haven't tried the pB2 with chocolate it's the same calories and also very good.