what nutritious snack to you turn to when craving??

Options
I have a terrible sweet tooth.. but I no longer keep bad things in the house. Sometimes a clementine will do the trick, other times I may have to suck on a few jolly ranchers to get it to go away.

What kinds of things do you guys turn to?

Replies

• cmaceluch
    Options
    I usually snack on rieces pieces if I'm feeling something sweet (im bulking so its not that bad), other then that, nuts or berries are the best in my opinion.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I find that a small amount of dark chocolate is very satisfying.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small bit of whatever I'm craving.
  • Kitty32168
    Kitty32168 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't keep evil things in the house. But I also will eat what I crave. I realized if I deprive myself what I want; all I do is replace it with things I don't really want and just keep on going until I end up satisfying it in the end. So, now, when I get that chocolate craving, I will eat a little bit of it.

I sure hope my will power sustains through the holidays! LOL
  • ckerrcanchaser
    Options
    If I've had a bad day at work or really craving something sweet I get some dark chocolate or greek frozen yogurt. Soo good :)
  • tgcitw
    tgcitw Posts: 19
    Options
    Almonds, for the crunch! Pickles when I had to many calories but I need something, and a diet coke with a slice of lemon.
  • ItsGoodToHaveGoals
    ItsGoodToHaveGoals Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    sugar free cherry jello or a spoonfull of extra crunchy peanut butter :) Depends on my mood.
  • MeganG12345
    MeganG12345 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    A laughing cow cheese wedge and some Kashi whole grain crackers is one of my favorite snacks.

For less nutritious I have Trader Joe's Espresso Pillows (basically chocolate covered espresso beans) 22 beans is 70 calories, but they have a taste that lingers so I usually just grab a handful (maybe 5) if I'm having a chocolate craving. Seems to work
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I love frozen red seedless grapes, which only have about 3 calories each, but are so yummy. I'd truly rather have them than candy most days.
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    GRAPES! I am totally addicted and they are so good for you.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Popsicles, 15 calories each. I usually have two of them. Also sugar free fudgesicles (Popsicle brand) are really good and 40 calories each.
  • m_shuman
    m_shuman Posts: 179
    Options
    Vanilla greek Yogurt and rasberries. If I want chocolate I mix a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder with water.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, splenda, and cocoa powder = noms
  • cmaceluch
    Options
    Vanilla greek Yogurt and rasberries. If I want chocolate I mix a scoop of chocolate whey protein powder with water.

I commend you on being able to handle whey and water. Makes me gag. It always has to be milk.
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I don't keep evil things in the house.

HAHAHA
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    since i also don't keep things that arent healthy in the house, i usually snack on fruit OR chocolate tea! yumm
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate! I keep it in the freezer, so it takes longer to melt in my mouth. I usually break off 1/4 of the bars I get at Trader Joe's, eat one square at a time. Sometimes I also have some raw almonds with it, or dip the squares in peanut or almond butter. Yum!

Dang, I may need to have that for dessert now. :bigsmile: