Replies

• sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    20g soft cheese, chopped spring onions, teaspoon chilli, garlic clove crushed, spinach leaves, 10g half fat creme fraiche, ground pepper to season

melt the low fat cheese in a frying pan, add the spring onions, chilli and Garlic, cook over a low heat.
    Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water, leave to drain.

Mix all together then pour over pasta (or mix it all in)

Is very nice :smile:

This sounds so good. So good. No idea what you mean by soft cheese, though...like cream cheese?! Or...just a really mushy cheese? And by chilli, do you mean chili powder? And half-fat creme fraiche...hmmm...thinking of substitutions. I am going to stalk your profile now to see where you're from, as I'm determined to figure this recipe out and you're clearly not in the U.S. :) Thank you for sharing...at the very least, this is going to make me experiment.

Lol... Im in England. I think it is cream cheese like Philadelphia???? and it could be chilli powder or chopped fresh chillies depending how hot you like it. fat free greek yoghurt could substitute the creme fraiche... just to make it more creamy :happy:
  • DeniMarie123
    DeniMarie123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    20g soft cheese, chopped spring onions, teaspoon chilli, garlic clove crushed, spinach leaves, 10g half fat creme fraiche, ground pepper to season

melt the low fat cheese in a frying pan, add the spring onions, chilli and Garlic, cook over a low heat.
    Put the spinach in a colander and pour over boiling water, leave to drain.

Mix all together then pour over pasta (or mix it all in)

Is very nice :smile:

Always mix the pasta with te sauce

just like a my momma use ta make

Haha I know.. but I like pasta and just a bit of sauce... :ohwell:
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    oh these all sound yummy! I am going to have to try a bunch of these different ones!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for sharing your idea's!! Much appreciated! :happy: :drinker:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Bump
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I have two go-to recipes:

For tomato sauce, I heat olive oil in a pan. I add minced garlic at the beginning so that it flavors the oil. Then I add tomato puree and basil (I use frozen chopped, but fresh should be fine). You can jazz it up with anything you like, such as onion or red pepper flakes.

For more of an Asian thing, I wok fry my meat and vegetables in olive oil with garlic, add soy sauce or teriyaki, and then pour on top of brown rice or Asian noodles, using the liquids from cooking as my pasta sauce.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!
  • mamaflomo
    mamaflomo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Here is one that we like a lot. The Turkey Italian Sausage is really good. Perdue is way better than Jenny O brand if you have a choice. Not sure how low you want your fat or sodium, but these are big servings... you could easily reduce if you were so inclined.

Spicy Turkey Pasta Sauce
    from Better Homes & Gardens New Dieters Cookbook

9-ounce package refrigerated fettuccine or linguine
    8-ounces uncooked turkey Italian sausage (remove casings, if present)
    1 cup cut up pattypan squash or yellow summer squash
    1 small red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
    1/4 cup chopped red onion
    14 oz jar of pasta sauce (we just used Aldi's Reggiano Pasta Sauce)
    2T shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional)

1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain
    2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook the sausage, squash, sweet pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is brown; drain off fat. Stir in the pasta sauce; heat through
    3. Serve sausage mixture over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese

4 servings

Nutrition Facts per serving:
    350 cal
    10 g total fat (3 g sat fat)
    110 mg chol
    866 mg sodium
    49 g carb
    5 g fiber
    20 g protein

Daily Values
    23% Vit A
    67% Vit C