Replies

• Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Ginormous. I HATE that word!!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Grammar bothers me more than abbreviations/childish words.

People over 21 *need* to stop ending sentences with prepositions, it drives me mad. Also, "and" is not a decent way to start a sentence. I hate when people inflect as if they are asking a question when they are actually, making a declarative statement.

I really do hate when people use cute words instead of curse words, if you say "fudge" instead of fvck it is likely you'll end up with a 'fudging' black eye.

Beyond those things I'm pretty blasé about which words people use.
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    'Mummy' and 'Daddy'

Oh, this! I know someone who is 42 years old and still calls her father "daddy". Then again, she still lives with him, so that shouldn't be surprising.

Im 34 and still call my Daddy, Daddy and always will. Of course, I am from the south.

must be a southern thing....I called my Daddy "Daddy" until the day he died and I still refer to him as such.....Mom on the other hand has been "Mom" for years.....
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    I'm 31 and I say almost all of these!!?!?! :-/

...My bad...

*I couldn't resist...
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    Whats wrong with hornie lol? "Whatever" should be banned from all women's vocabulary, just sayin...
    You're just sad that your significant other gets attitude with ya when she says it! lol
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    hubby or the hubs
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    "Basicalllllly" and "like", and I mean like basiclllllly-like at the begining of like every sentence, and basicalllllly like all the timeeee -basicallllly. um like yeahhh.basicalllly (annnnnnnnnnoying teenage voice):sick:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and I say almost all of these!!?!?! :-/

...My bad...

*I couldn't resist...

You're in good company.....I'm glad my friends aren't apart of the verbiage squad!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    this is so pretentious, i am 26 and will say whatever i want, whenever i want, and won't judge others for their choice in vocab either!
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud.jpg
    lol!
  • blacklaceroses
    blacklaceroses Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    LOL i thought once you were grown (as my mom puts it) you are in title to say whatever your heart please.................. shrugs*
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    oh good gravy it was supposed to be funny.
  • EvictingTheMassInMyAss
    Options
    I cant really say much on this. I say "whatever",,,but I use it more for the "ok, I dont want to discuss it anymore".(My husband hates that word") My daughter and I will say "HEY HOOKAH or HEY HO" but its an ongoing joke. YOLO gets on my last ever loving nerve. However, I am at fault for saying "REALLY?!?!" , "My bad",and "I know, right?" I dont think slang is really a BAD thing..... but, if your in public, I feel you should observe a certain level of proper behavior. Saying "WTF sup my homies. Dat be da bomdig mufu" Is NOT appropriate. But then again... I am relatively old school.
  • KerrieJane86
    KerrieJane86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm just going to say this guys...

Haters gonna hate

(I say some of this stuff)
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Grammar bothers me more than abbreviations/childish words.

People over 21 *need* to stop ending sentences with prepositions, it drives me mad. Also, "and" is not a decent way to start a sentence. I hate when people inflect as if they are asking a question when they are actually, making a declarative statement.

I really do hate when people use cute words instead of curse words, if you say "fudge" instead of fvck it is likely you'll end up with a 'fudging' black eye.

Beyond those things I'm pretty blasé about which words people use.

Right. And you seem totally laid back. You seem like someone any Grammar Nazi would love to hang out with.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    WTF does "YOLO" mean??? Hahaha!

It's slang for "I'm too lazy to Google."
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    BFF
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Sammich and using ANY sort of text speak. Dropping the "yo" from "you" doesn't save you THAT much time!
  • EvictingTheMassInMyAss
    Options
    A Mom after my own heart. Its the END result that counts.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Jelly... as in jealous. Really? :huh: