So Happy I'm Overweight!

Options
KabbyGU
KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
Haha...so I am officially no longer in the OBESE category, according to my BMI. I remember the first time hearing the word "obese" associated directly with me and my weight. I was shocked. Me? Obese? I mean, I know I'm chubby, but...obese? Yeah, so that needed to change. This is my third, and hopefully last, time I see the word obese next to my BMI.

Now I'm at the top of the overweight category and working my way down until I see the word "normal" appear. Approx 25 pounds to go...

Replies

• T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Good work.

I had the same reaction when I was told I was in the obese category. But I'm headed for normal.
  • bbrat333
    bbrat333 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo, congrats to you. I've got quite a ways to go but I can't wait to be where you are now.
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, you look like youre overweight? Darn right!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    That's awesome
  • sophie_wr
    sophie_wr Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    That is awesome :))))
    I had exactly the same reaction than you, couple of months ago! hurrah :)
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I'm still 27 pounds away but I can't wait to join you as overweight.
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Congratulations!! I can't WAIT!!!
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'll post when I'm there!! Can't wait!
  • lisa483
    lisa483 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :0)

I was obese and then slowly went down to overweight and now I'm at a normal weight with a BMI of 23.1. Its a slow process but we get there in the end

Well done, keep going :0)))
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    great job my dear! Good for you....
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    way to go =)
  • pouncepet
    pouncepet Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I know how you feel! Its a great feeling to be moving from Obese to overweight to normal! Keep going! *hugs*
  • richardallen3523
    Options
    Yeah for just being overweight. Goodbye Obesity! Congratulations. You're well on the way to your goal. :laugh:
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Ok, to be completely honest when I first read the title I immediately said in my mind "Said no one ever..." but then before I opened it I realized the title is probably that because the person is no longer categorized as obese! So yes, I can see why you are happy to be overweight now!
  • leanne2376
    Options
    I am 0.7kg away from overweight myself - i think i will have a
    party when i hit overweight : )
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. I cannot wait to get there either! And I am not too far away.

Congrats again! :drinker:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Im 10 lbs away, cant wait!!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is quite an accomplishment!
    I have 8.2lbs more to go, can't wait to tell everyone that I am overweight LOL
  • 21June
    21June Posts: 99
    Options
    Well done! It was the same for me today. Finally, I have a BMI under 30; 28.6 to be precise making me in the overweight category. We should give ourselves a pat on the back, :flowerforyou:
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Well done! It was the same for me today. Finally, I have a BMI under 30; 28.6 to be precise making me in the overweight category. We should give ourselves a pat on the back, :flowerforyou:

You definitely should!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!