My 30 day shred Results

Options
Note: I posted this a few weeks ago on the 'Fitness' thread as 'My 30 day shred experience' but have been advised it should be on 'Success stories' instead, so my apologies if you find you're reading this again.

Hi All

I started using MyFitnessPal back in March 2012 and kept seeing references to Jillian Michaels, 30 day shred or Ripped in 30, the list goes on. I'd never heard of her, or her fitness programmes but I was intrigued, and in July 2012 I downloaded the 30 day Shred, filled with equal amounts of fear and excitement.

I took my measurements in inches, and my weight and then chickened out!

I waited a week and then another, and then finally in August, I re-took my measurements and weight and started my journey with Jillian.

It hurt to live!

I couldn't squat to go on the toilet. I couldn't swing my legs out of my bed. I could barely walk to work because even my toes hurt.

But in a strange way I loved that pain. I literally craved it, and everyday I couldn't wait to get home from work to do the 27 minutes of shredding all over again. (It says a 20 minute programme but according to my DVD player, from the start of the warm up to the end of cool down, it's 27 minutes total).

By day four the pain had gone and I was seeing a vast improvement in my capabilities. I started to realise this was only level one, and I had five days left to enjoy it before the torture of level two began.

Day ten came and went, and I took a rest day, and then on day eleven I started level two and I was terrified.

What level one did to my legs, level two surpassed by destroying my arms. I am not ashamed to admit I cried after I finished day twelve. Truthfully I finished, and I sat down and sobbed. I hated that I struggled and that I was so out of shape, but the entire reason for doing the shred was to make my life, my health and my state of mind better, so I carried on.

I can officially say I hate 'The plank' but with pride I can admit I have gone from shaking and struggling to holding the plank position for just 15 seconds, to now doing it for 1 minute. This has equally impressed my Pilates instructor who couldn't get me to do the plank position, fully, for over four months.

But I did struggle with level two and found my excitement waning. I started to think about stopping, or going back to level one, but I kept telling myself one little thing and it became my mantra:

Stand up and finished what you started.

And so by day 16, I found I was once again getting used to the exercises and was coping better, and becoming more capable.

It dawned on me level three was approaching, but I attacked it with vigour and I was happy to find I enjoyed it so much more than I did with level two.

And then it was all over.

I was so proud. I had surprised myself by starting and finishing it all. I surprised and impressed my family, who tried level one for 1 day and didn't do it again (giggles).

So, for any of you who are thinking of starting this programme, I say do it. I was going to post before and after photos but I didn't realise that it was breaking forum rules to post images in your underwear, and I wish I had taken photos in clothing so I could share the visuals. I'm afraid it's just my statistics for comparisons.

Starting weight before 30 day shred:
14 stone 8lb - 204lb - 93kilos

End weight after 30 day shred:
13 stone 11lb - 193lb - 87.5kilos

Total weight loss;
11lbs - 5kilos

Measurements before 30 day shred (inches)
Left arm - 14
Right arm - 14
Boobs - 43
Midriff (ribcage) - 40
Waist - 40
Hips and bum - 46
Left thigh - 25.5
Right thigh - 25

Measurements after 30 day shred: (inches)
Left arm - 13.5
Right arm - 13.5
Boobs - 41
Midriff (ribcage) - 38
Waist - 38
Hips and bum - 44
Left thigh - 24.5
Right thigh - 24

I can not only see a difference, I can feel it and it can be seen by others. I have more stamina and I am more flexible, and have even started running. I have become addicted to sweating and feeling out of breath and it's all thanks to Jillian Michaels 30 day shred.

I've just downloaded 'Ripped in 30' and I shall begin that one in the next few days.

So, if you've been considering this programme, or any other exercise programme I say no more procrastinating, get your comfortable clothes on, and do it. There are so many benefits - weight loss, inch loss, great development in your body, and an amazing feeling of pride and achievement. Those 30 days were worth it all, and I'm a little jealous I won't be a 30DS newbie ever again. But I will be a Ri30 newbie so watch this space *grins and winks*

Are you still reading? Go on, your health is waiting.. oh and just one more thing, once you've started make sure you finish - Stand up and finish what you started!

Good luck x

ClaireMarieBloom

Replies

• rayraygbs
    Options
    great job! i didnt make it to level 3 but i lost inches too! i'm in my first week of the ripped in 30 and i like it soo much better than the shred. keep up the awesome work!!
  • ClaireMarieBloom
    ClaireMarieBloom Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    great job! i didnt make it to level 3 but i lost inches too! i'm in my first week of the ripped in 30 and i like it soo much better than the shred. keep up the awesome work!!

I've just downloaded Ripped in 30 and JM 6 weeks to 6 pack, but not sure which one to start. I've heard good things about Ripped. Good luck with your results x
  • sazzyp1973
    sazzyp1973 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    congrats Claire, that is truly great and all your hard work has paid off. Way to kill it lady!! x
  • summerbert
    summerbert Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You have brilliantly listed everything I went through!!! I am on my second 30 day shred round and my first one coming off of knee surgery!! I also have ripped in 30 and 6week to a 6pk. I may do the shred again but add 6wk to a 6pk. Keep it up and the weight will come off
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, way to go! I love your post! Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I have just received 3 JM DVD's from Amazon and will be starting Ri30 as soon as I get my fitness evaluation done at the local rec centre. Thought it would be fun to get my body composition, muscular strength, flexibility and fitness level assessed before I started. I'm really looking forward to all this (with a little fear added in there too;) )
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump for reading later
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Great post. I'm at level two .
  • liskut
    liskut Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing ur success story, Clarie! Sure is motivating since I've been practicing JM 30DS (all 3 levels) on and off for a month now; still it showed results! Im staying focused now....hope to do it without a break for a month to check out the results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!