Cauliflower Bread, And What I Did With It.

Ok... So today was shopping day, and i got more cauliflower. Which, was a big deal because Iwantedto try and make that cauliflower bread recipe again.

Last time went very well. It was imperfect, and it still tasted amazing, and was extremely low in everything, on most if not all fronts... I had it with tuna, and lettuce only, and... It. Was. Incredible. So, today i got 10.00 in fresh cauliflower.

The bread itself totals 560 calories. (about 4 normal sizesandwiches)

I put the whole of onecaluiflower, (everything but the leaves) in the food processor, with 5 eggs. yolks in this time. (id like to master this whites only, eventually.... )

So here is the finished tray of 'bread'.

DSCN9818.jpg

so i cut that flat loaf into quarters, and assembled a bread/tuna/lettuce/bread tower. or something.

I made the tuna with vinegar, and pickles, in the food processor, to make kind of a paste. NO MAYO. It is amazing. if you are the enemy, andlike onions in your tuna, im sureyou could do that as well, and prolly skip the processor all together.... Theentirety of the tuna was 240 cals. Here it is assembled.

DSCN9820.jpg

DSCN9819.jpg

And, this is the final 2.5 lb product, wrapped into a kind of loaf, ready to go in the fridge.

I expect , that after this is chilled, it will yield about 5 giant servings, or 7 smaller ones, at 200 to 150 cals each, rerspectively.

DSCN9821.jpg

This sits in your stomach, like a big soft pillow, and says yummm....

Obviously, you could set this up any number of ways. But thats how i made the bread. and what i did with it.

This was a lot of fun, and im sure there will be much more where this came from.

And again, 800 cals for the entire thing, and it is 2.5 lbs... split it up any way you like and divide.

Id loveforothers to tell me if they like this!
<3

Replies

• Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    you are a genius!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    That looks and sounds great! Filling for sure. Just wonder why the cauliflower and eggs come to 500 + calories?
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    That definitely looks very interesting!! I just made pizza with a cauliflower crust last week and it was pretty good. Definitely have to give this a shot too!
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    I've heard of using this like a pizza crust too :) And remember, you can buy liquid egg whites too ;)
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    This is a game changer.

tumblr_maao8qyER21rsza90.gif
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    :noway: Looks amazing!!
  • That looks and sounds great! Filling for sure. Just wonder why the cauliflower and eggs come to 500 + calories?

hi Debb! What do you calculate it at? I got 350 for 5eggs, and 240 for 2 cans of tuna? I used the label for the tuna and the site for the eggs.
  • jojojo909090
    jojojo909090 Posts: 205 Member
    How long did you bake it for, and at what temperature?
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Whoe eggs are about 70 caloroes each (5x70=350) and a medium head of cauliflower is about 150... Sounds about right to me.
  • That looks and sounds great! Filling for sure. Just wonder why the cauliflower and eggs come to 500 + calories?

hi Debb! What do you calculate it at? I got 210 for the cauli, and 240 for 2 cans of tuna? So its 450... what did i say? lol... lemme go see. lol
  • staceywtucaz
    staceywtucaz Posts: 36 Member
    What was the whole recipe? Cooking temp and time and all that? Looks yummy!
  • How long did you bake it for, and at what temperature?

350 for about 30 minutes, and then at 275 for like 10 or 20 more. i waited for the edges to peel up on their own. then i finnagled it and decided it was done by the firmness in the middle. Use Pam on the sheet!
  • That definitely looks very interesting!! I just made pizza with a cauliflower crust last week and it was pretty good. Definitely have to give this a shot too!

I definately saw some people messing with this bread concept last week, and was like wow bread substitute! Finally! Thanks for the inspiration, if it was you!
  • This is a game changer.

tumblr_maao8qyER21rsza90.gif

<3
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    looks good!
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    So, are those the only two ingredients? Cauliflower and eggs? Sounds yummy!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    That looks amazing! Thanks for posting :)
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    gasp .. soo i can loook at this when im not out of it ^^.. looks good tho :) thx for posting.
  • nisha0612
    nisha0612 Posts: 75 Member
    bump
  • GBOGH_5
    GBOGH_5 Posts: 174 Member
    Someone on MFP needs to start making and selling these recipes! I absolutely hate cooking and baking. Yet I see so many yummy things that I would be more than willing to pay a small fortune for! That's the reason I work so hard...so I can pay other people to make these sorts of things for me :wink: