Ways to 'spice' up water

Options
Some days I just can't seem to get my water in. It's just not ...good.

For anyone that flavors their water in any way, what do you use??

Replies

• RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    You don't have to get your water from pure water.

Juice, tea, coffee, etc
  • jheartj95
    jheartj95 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use all kinds of Crystal Light, name brand and generic. You can also add a little lemon juice to your water.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    a bit of lemon juice, ginger extract and lemon, cucumber, a few mint leaves (mojito style), crushed berries... or whatever you like :)
  • nis75p06
    nis75p06 Posts: 114
    Options
    True Lemon or True Lime are my go-tos. Also seltzer instead of plain water. Seltzer with True Lemon is dabomb.

I got one of those sodastream things a couple of weeks ago as a gift. I don't like any of the flavorings, but do love the carbonated water with a packet of True Lemon. I'm consistently drinking a liter or more of flavored seltzer a day, coupled with a couple of cups of coffee and a couple more of tea.
  • rubberbiscuit
    Options
    I like to add the packets of powdered True Lemon or True Orange in mine. They're really convenient for me to carry in my purse.
  • mlcharb
    mlcharb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I've tried the True Lemon and really liked it. I didn't know there were other kinds as well. I'll have to look for those.

Thanks for all the ideas so far.
  • servingsarcasm
    servingsarcasm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the lipton black tea and honey packs they are made for 16 oz bottles and are 10 calories. They dont have the weird after taste either.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fruit is great for adding a little pizzaz to plain water. Frozen berries are like flavored ice cubes. A slice of cucumber is nice, too.

Green and herbal teas are a nice alternative, too. Many of them are yummy hot or over ice.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Mio is my best friend.
  • Andruzrc
    Options
    Crystal light is beyond delicious! I fell in love with the Green tea raspberry one, you should definitely try it :D
  • cblevitron
    Options
    Orange slices.
  • jdennisj
    Options
    Water always tastes great with scotch.

Seriously, I use fresh lemon wedges in mine. Only 3 calories for a quarter wedge.
  • chinasaurus86
    Options
    great value brand fruit punch. it's cheap, delicious and doesn't have that weird 'artificial' after taste. i typically don't like those shake-em-up things you put in water but that fruit punch is kickin'. lol.
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of water, but ice really helps. The colder my water is, the better. Also, I usually drink a glass of water shortly after brushing my teeth. It's the best way for me to get to my water goal. It's nice and minty.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    crystal lite margaritas are delicious!!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    it was said earlier but I use : MIO.... All flavors are awesome. It's liquid so no floating crap on top .... amazing results.

http://www.kraftbrands.com/mio/index.html
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I like fresh lemon
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I like to cut strawberries or cucumber ( I know but try it), into a jug of cold water.
    Also fresh mint floating in it makes it delicious! Try it overnight for max impact.
  • dev5254
    dev5254 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I use the Lipton Tea & Honey packets. Mango/Pineapple & Apricot/Peach are my favorites.