exercising in makeup?

Options

Replies

• Sassia
    Sassia Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I try to just wear moisturiser when I go to the gym. I put loads of make up on after my shower though!

I saw a woman yesterday in the changing room putting her hair in an elaborate updo complete with loads of hairspray BEFORE working out......
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Its a gym not a beauty pageant

Like the other women have said we often work out after work or we could have been out. Just because a woman wears make up at the gym doesn't mean it is for anyone elses benefit.
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If I have it I don't take it off, if I don't have it I don't put it on. I'll go to shower afterwards, and my skin get really easily dry, so washing twice is no good. But if my exercise is swimming, then I'll take it off - I don't want to mess the pool.
  • laceyfowler
    laceyfowler Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I usually go to the gym after work, and I do wear a "full face of makeup" to work... Generally, I use a face wipe to take off all of the face makeup but I do leave my eye makeup - and eyebrows - in place. I sweat a lot, but the makeup I wear is very water resistant so I haven't had any problems with the liner running in my eyes. The eyebrow pencil staying in place is a vanity/insecurity (one coin, two sides?) thing... my eyebrows are blonde/clear and I feel weird without them, so I leave them on when I go to the gym, though they sometimes end up halfway faded by the end of the workout. But... by then I don't care too much about it :-)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nope. But I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner and no foundation...it doesn't tend to be a problem.

I usually head straight to the gym from work, otherwise I'm bare-faced.
  • fitnessgal1985
    fitnessgal1985 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    No. I break out either way. lol
  • sreevz
    sreevz Posts: 3
    Options
    If I'm going to workout at night I wear a beauty balm instead of foundation. It covers well and I don't break out at all from it. As for eye makeup I usually just keep it on and I don't have problems with it running or anything. I don't wear eyeliner though so that might be why.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Take a few seconds and wash your face people!! coming from work is not an excuse, you can bring wipes, or use the gyms bathroom, soap and water. I can just picture the nasty sweaty foundation just caking and clogging pores. Eww.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I wear water-proof mascara to hide my very blonde eyelashes, but that's it. I'm vain....what can I say.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to workout at night I wear a beauty balm instead of foundation. It covers well and I don't break out at all from it. As for eye makeup I usually just keep it on and I don't have problems with it running or anything. I don't wear eyeliner though so that might be why.

What kind of balm do you use? I use Dr. Feelgood's mattifying balm and I love it!
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    If you like mascara runing down your cheacks exercise in makeup, if you like foundation on yopur towel exercise in makeup, if you like acne exercise in makeup ... your dermathologist will love you!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Its a gym not a beauty pageant

this plus, my god why? It's a waste of money! You're all saying how it drips off and makes a mess lol. Think about it, with all the exercising your pores are opening up and taking in the makeup, and no foundation in the world won't go in there and clog stuff up.

Also, how would you feel about using a machine, be it cardio or weight, to find that someone wipes their forehead and left a smear of foundation etc. there?
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I never put on makeup to go to the gym, but If I come from work I still have my makeup on. I'm a huge skincare/makeup junkie and I still dont bother taking my makeup off to work out. It usually takes me 10-20 minutes to wash my face at night and I dont want to do it twice because it aggravates my face. Its not disgusting, seriously people! Maybe i've just mastered my application though because my makeup NEVER sweats off, and I have a pretty oily face lol.
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    If I go to the gym before work in the morning I'm lucky to do my hair neatly, let alone put makeup on.
    However if I go to the gym after work I don't try to take my makeup off. I have a shower as soon as I get home to wash my face properly anyway.
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I always wash mine off before working out, and then put a bit more again when I'm going home (I get the bus- it's fine at the gym but I look like a red-faced gorilla post-work out and no-one needs to see that!).

The benefit of taking your make up off at the gym is that if there is any one you know there they probably won't recognise you, so you can sweat and grunt as much as you please!
  • FitSid
    FitSid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I don't want to but I look like an ugly ****tard when I don't. Or I feel that way. The sweat on towel is still an issue though so I have to do a "pat dry". :drinker:
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have to because if i don't wipe it off, my face breaks out
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    why would anyone wear make up at the gym?
  • MelbourneBelle
    MelbourneBelle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I saw a woman yesterday in the changing room putting her hair in an elaborate updo complete with loads of hairspray BEFORE working out......

Hee hee, I wear fairly elaborate vintage inspired hair styles to work sometimes, and then work out straight after with my barrel rolls on top of my head and my red lippie still on! When I catch sight of myself in a mirror I realise how silly I look :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The only time I ever worked out in my makeup was when I was hitting the gym in the afternoon or after work. I didn't feel like removing it before hand. I don't wear a lot any way so I didn't leave my face on the floor after I was done LOL.