For Brits&Irish...Raw 'Nakd' Bars! YUM!

Options

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Oh they are GORGEOUS! My favourite pre-gym energy booster.

The only one I'm not keen on is the choc-mint, but the pecan and cashew ones are just delicious.

Thanks for reminding me - I'm shopping tonight!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a big box of chocolate ones from Amazon, they work out at £0.69 each which looks like quite good value!
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    first I've heard of them! Just googled them and that's it - im off to finds some today! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Love them so much i bought a case of the pecan pie and one of the chocolate orange the other week! Cant believe how good they taste and the chocolate ones certainly kill and chocolate cravings very effectively :smile:
  • mjack87
    mjack87 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm going to Tescos later...I'd say I'm going to have to pick some up based on the reviews you guys gave!
  • EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Never knew you could get them on amazon - thanks!
  • Sianarella
    Options
    I buy them in boxes via the Nakd site - I LOVE them
  • mjack87
    mjack87 Posts: 17
    Options
    Just took my first bite of the banana bread one....YUM! Thanks for the recommendation guys!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    def will have to order these online and try...they sounds delicious:smile:
  • sabyx_is1
    sabyx_is1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Nakd bar too! There's finally something I can enjoy guilt-free. If anyone is interested in making them, here's a link I came across recently:

http://rawified.blogspot.ca/2012/05/raw-larabars.html

I'm going to give the Chocolate Coconut Chew a try tomorrow. Fingers crossed they turn out well!
  • sabyx_is1
    sabyx_is1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I attemped my first recipe off the website posted above and the bars turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I made the Chocolate Coconut Chew and they're sooooooo delicious... it's hard to limit myself to just one bar!

BIG, USEFUL TIP: Make sure you add about 1/4 cup of water to the mixture as you go along. The mixture has to be a bit mushy but not very runny. Check out this link to get an idea (min 3:11)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6lEhUn-ON4

Enjoy your healthy, guilt-free deserts!
  • GnochhiGnomes
    GnochhiGnomes Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I hate them. Bleh. :sick:
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The new flavors are AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG! Addicted to the Rhubarb & custard flavor AND the caffe mocha now! NOM!
  • The new flavors are AMAZINGGGGGGGGGG! Addicted to the Rhubarb & custard flavor AND the caffe mocha now! NOM!

Ooo the caffe mocha one sounds good!!! Are these good to eat on a clean-ish diet?! xxx
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yup, they're perfect! They are raw, gluten & dairy free, no added sugar, never baked, nothing processed...just pure goodness! LOVE them! The chocolate orange ones always get rid of my chocolate cravings!
  • Yup, they're perfect! They are raw, gluten & dairy free, no added sugar, never baked, nothing processed...just pure goodness! LOVE them! The chocolate orange ones always get rid of my chocolate cravings!

Yum!!! Do you have the small bars or the big ones?! xxx
  • FLCullen
    FLCullen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love the choc/orange bar, but it always gets stuck in my teeth!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've only ever seen one size in the supermarkets. I've seen smaller ones as part of a "snack box" on airplanes.

Gingerbread is my favourite - I don't like the choc-mint variety.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    They are sometimes difficult to find. Try looking in the 'Free from' sections. I often over eat as I worry as I get mugraines if I get hungry. I now have one if these in my bag so don't have to worry.
  • makemewannadie
    makemewannadie Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I used to have them all the time, they are so good, although my nut allergy seems to have gone crazy lately (1 pecan put me in hospital last year!) so i'm scared to go near them now ): the gingerbread was my favourite, and for the nakd oatie bars I loved the banana bread one!

Also for the people saying they're difficult to find- they've been in every Holland and Barrett i've been into, and they're sold in my local tesco express too :3 if you've not checked those places!